6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2019 6:59 AM by Arun Kumar

Getting no protocol: URL_Endpoint error

Arun Kumar Seasoned Veteran

Hello,

I am trying to load data to a website through webservices call using Java expression and getting the error - no protocol: URL_Endpoint. The WSDL is working fine in SOAP UI, the same WSDL is throwing the error in Informatica.

Any idea what the reason is?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Arun

• 1. Re: Getting no protocol: URL_Endpoint error
          Nico Heinze Guru

Do I understand right that you're calling this web site from a Java Transformation?

If so, could you please post the Java code here?

Thanks,

Nico

• 2. Re: Getting no protocol: URL_Endpoint error

Yes. I am embedding a SOAP response in JAVA transform and pushing data from DB to an external URL. I fixed the issue by hardcoding the URL in Java code. Unfortunately due to confidentiality i cannot share the Java code. But since i have around 10000+ records to load, getting HTTP 500, 502 and read time out error. Only handful of records (5) are going in, may be i have to send the data in batches, any idea how to send the data in batches through Java transformation?

• 3. Re: Getting no protocol: URL_Endpoint error
              Nico Heinze Guru

One step back, please: why do you use a Java Transformation for this task? In PowerCenter you have the built-in Web Service Consumer transformation (WSC) which is very well capable of handling SOAP requests. And the WSC is well capable of handling 10s of 1000s of web service calls. Per second.

So why go the hard route of hand-coding a web service client in Java?

Regards,

Nico

• 4. Re: Getting no protocol: URL_Endpoint error

WSC gave a hard time..our SOAP has security header and we could not successfully configure WSC for SOAP. Hence switched to JAVA transform, embedded SOAP in Java class and loaded records. But as we are getting read time out error, 502 error etc i am thinking of sending in batches of 500 records. Is there a way the JAVA transform or the mapping can be looped to load chunks of records in batches of 500?

• 5. Re: Getting no protocol: URL_Endpoint error
                  Nico Heinze Guru

That depends more on the web service than on PowerCenter. If the web service offers some "bulk load" functionality, then yes, otherwise no.

Assuming that the web service can comsume data in bulks, then you simply have to count the incoming records in the JTX while storing them e.g. using an array (or whatever is appropriate in your case); as soon as either the last record comes in or you have collected 500 records, you transfer the whole bunch to the web service. After this is done, you can continue to accept new records (after having reset the counter to 0).

I assume that you did check the PowerCenter manuals regarding web service security right? And that you also checked with Informatica Global Customer Support about your security issues with the WSC?

Regards,

Nico

• 6. Re: Getting no protocol: URL_Endpoint error

The issue was at the target (end point) and they made some tweeks. Its now working, but nevertheless we made the changes in the informatica code to load data in chunks.