5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2019 1:21 PM by Sameer Deshpande

PowerCenter OS profile with different OS (Linux) user

Sameer Deshpande Active Member

We created a new Informatica OS profile using a different OS (Linux) user other than the one used for running the Informatica service. The workflows are failing with VAR_27098 error,

ERROR: Error in expanding variable parameter.  Please check the Integration Service log for more information..

When I checked the PCIS log and corresponding Informatica documentation, it says it is because of permission issue of OS user. I gave full permissions for the OS user of the PMRootDir and its sub-directories. But still the error is coming up.

I also checked pmimpprocess file permission and it is set to -rwsr-sr-x which is correct with proper setuid and setguid per Informatica documentation.

Some additional details:

1. Informatica is installed on AWS linux instance, using ec2-user. Version: Informatica Powercenter 10.1.0

2. $INFA_HOME = /home/ec2-user/Informatica/10.1.0

3. When I removed parameter file from workflow, the workflow starts and fails because of parameter value is empty. This is expected. So, the problem is OS profile is not able to access/read parameter file.

4. When I login into Linux directly with the OS profile user, I can access parameter file and read/write it.

But Informatica workflows are not able to read it.

5. I checked all the Linux audit logs and find no trace of any access violations. (auditctl and SElinux log).

Could anyone help me in this regard?

Thanks,

Sameer