2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2019 9:11 PM by Premkumar S

Concurrent execution in Informatica BDM

Premkumar S Seasoned Veteran

I have 250 tables which i have to extract it to Hive tables using Informatica BDM. I created a dynamic mapping with source and targets as parameter and when i run the mapping for each parameter set or file it works fine.

Same way is it possible for me to run the single dynamic mapping in parallel (n no of times) with different parameter sets. Something similar to informatica Powercenter Concurrent workflow?

Please advise.

• 1. Re: Concurrent execution in Informatica BDM
          Vlad Ponomarenko Guru

Hi,

Yes, it is possible. Next commands demonstrate how you can run the single dynamic mapping m_BDM_DEMO with single ParameterSet  ps_BDM_Demo concurrently with different parameters.

$INFA_HOME/server/bin/infacmd.sh dis UpdateParameterSetEntries [...] -ps ps_BDM_demo <set new parameters>

# The following command prepares the mapping for execution with new parameters, starts the mapping and

# exits without waiting for the mapping to finish.

$INFA_HOME/server/bin/infacmd.sh ms RunMapping [...] -m m_BDM_DEMO -ps ps_BDM_demo

# You will see in 5-10 sec message like this "Mapping started" .

# Prepare new Parameters and start next mapping instance concurrently

$INFA_HOME/server/bin/infacmd.sh dis UpdateParameterSetEntries [...] -ps ps_BDM_demo <set new parameters>

$INFA_HOME/server/bin/infacmd.sh ms RunMapping [...] -m m_BDM_DEMO -ps ps_BDM_demo

Similarly, you can run multiple workflows concurrently.

Regards, Vlad.

• 2. Re: Concurrent execution in Informatica BDM
            Premkumar S Seasoned Veteran

Thanks Vlad. It worked.