7 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2019 1:44 AM by Ramta Batra

Unable to connect to admin console after powercenter installation

Ramta Batra New Member

Hi Experts,

I have installed Informatica 10.2 server in linux platform.

The installation is completed but I am unable to login to Admin Console page.

I am attaching the logs here.

Please help.

Thanks,

Ramta

• 1. Re: Unable to connect to admin console after powercenter installation
          Nico Heinze Guru

Which URL do you use to access the Administrator page? According to your logs, it probably should be like this:

http://ip-172-31-54-107:6005/

Also, can you please check using ps whether the Informatica domain is up and running at all?

Furthermore please check with your network administrators that the firewall allows you to connect from your Windows PC to the server on the HTTP port.

Regards,

Nico

• 2. Re: Unable to connect to admin console after powercenter installation
            Ramta Batra New Member

Hi Nico,

Thanks for your reply.

I was trying to access http://ip-172-31-54-107:6008/  as this link was given to me for the admin page after installation.

I tried to access http://ip-172-31-54-107:6005/ but same issue.

I got below result after running ps command.

[ec2-user@ip-172-31-54-107 ~]$ ps -ef | grep pmserver

ec2-user 23977 23953  0 11:22 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto pmserver

Also I tried to add 6008/6005 to my Windows Defender Firewall , but the result is same.

Thanks,

Ramta

• 3. Re: Unable to connect to admin console after powercenter installation
              Nico Heinze Guru

That means that the pmserver process is not running. So I dare to assume that the whole domain is not running at all.

Please look at the log files of the Tomcat server for reasons why the domain did not start. The primary log files you should look at are node.log, exceptions.log, and catalina.out.

Regards,

Nico

• 4. Re: Unable to connect to admin console after powercenter installation
                Nico Heinze Guru

BTW did you start the domain using "infaservice.sh startup", run from the directory where this script file is located? Or did you set up your system such that this script is run by init.d daemon?

Regards,

Nico

• 5. Re: Unable to connect to admin console after powercenter installation
                  Ramta Batra New Member

I didnt find any tomcat logs, I checked in Installation Directory/server/tomcat/logs but nothing is there.

I also tried to execute infaservice.sh startup and got below result

[ec2-user@ip-172-31-54-107 bin]$ ./infaservice.sh startup

Starting Informatica services on node 'node01'

Using CURRENT_DIR:     /home/ec2-user/tomcat/bin

Using INFA_HOME:       /home/ec2-user

Using System log directory :   /home/ec2-user/logs/node01

Do you suggest to re-install Informatica ?

I am basically working in Infa cloud but as of now Cloud doesnt have the option to create mapplets and we really need mapplets in our project for the resusability.

I dont have Informatica admin knowledge, so I just followed the steps given in Internet.

Do you have any clear steps for Powercenter Installation , my server in linux and client is Windows 10.

Thanks for your help.

• 6. Re: Unable to connect to admin console after powercenter installation
                    Nico Heinze Guru

Believe it or not, but I twice had a case (once Windows, once Linux) where a clean re-installation did help.

Please look under the heading Documentation (one of the five top-level links on the Informatica Network home page) for the documentation set for PowerCenter; the Installation And Configuration Guide for the Informatica platform (which is partially the technical basis for PowerCenter) is part of that documentation set. Just follow its instructions for your particular version, that should do fine.

The messages you posted above are absolutely normal during "infaservice.sh startup". It only means that the Informatica service manager (a Tomcat application) did start, nothing else.

But the fact that you couldn't find the log files I've listed is irritating.

Did you install the software under one user ID and try to run it using a different user ID? That does work if you are careful, but you have to be careful at a few points (and those steps are NOT listed in the Installation and Configuration Guide).

My suggestion at this point is twofold:

1. de-install the software, clean up all repository databases, and re-install from scratch following the Installation and Configuration Guide painstakingly.

2. contact Informatica Global Customer Support, they can tell you which steps you have to follow to make your particular version work cleanly. Or hire someone experienced with such installations to perform the installation and get it up and running. The fact that you don't have any experience in this regard need not be a problem on its own, but in your case it seems to be part of the problem (no offense intended, that's just my experience because the installation procedure has grown ever more complex over the past 18 years).

Regards,

Nico

1 of 1 people found this helpful