3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2019 10:16 AM by Nico Heinze

Sequence generator is passing null

Vidya M C New Member

Hi All,

In my mapping I have a sequence generator which passes the nextvalue to 3 different targets via an expression transformation. But I can see the value in only 2 targets(table) and in one more target ( file) the record is passed with null value. What is the reason behind this and Can somebody explain me how can I avoid this situation?

And What are the possibilities here?

• 1. Re: Sequence generator is passing null
          Nico Heinze Guru

To me this sounds as if the port is not connected from the EXP to the target. Can you please check that?

Regards,

Nico

• 2. Re: Sequence generator is passing null
            Vidya M C New Member

If that is the case then other records in the file should have also got NULL but for other records i can see the sequence values in the Target file. This mapping runs daily , and null value had come 6 months back also and today it has come again.  Is there any other possibility ?

• 3. Re: Sequence generator is passing null
              Nico Heinze Guru

Sure there is, but in order to see what might be the reason I have to see the mapping.

Unfortunately I cannot simply import a XML export you may be able to provide, but it might help if you could please post a screenshot for the beginning.

BTW are you 100% sure that the mapping has not been touched by anyone during the past days?

Also it might help if you could please examine the EXP a little closer. Is the NEXTVAL port simply passed through the EXP to all target instances? Or are there any "calculations" done in the output port going to this particular target?

Regards,

Nico