4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2019 1:58 PM by Rajan Rath

CMN_1558 : Unable to open lookup cache file

Pritish Umathe Guru

I am using Informatica 9.6.1 Power Center.

I am getting intermittently error on Production environment :-

2019-01-03 05:48:48 : ERROR : (4782 | TRANSF_1_1_1) : (IS | PCIS_TCL_GLXY_NRN_PRD) : Node02_GLXY_PRD : CMN_1558 : Unable to open lookup cache file [/etlgfs201/PROD/Neuron//Cache/PMLKUP519_5898243_0L64.dat].

2019-01-03 05:48:48 : ERROR : (4782 | TRANSF_1_1_1) : (IS | f: Node02_GLXY_PRD : TM_6085 : A fatal error occurred at  transformation [mplt_GET_CACH_ID_VTS.LKP_DIM_CACH_CALL_CHARACTERISTICS], and the session is terminating.

2019-01-03 05:48:48 : ERROR : (4782 | TRANSF_1_1_1) : (IS | PCIS_TCL_GLXY_NRN_PRD) : Node02_GLXY_PRD : TM_6085 : A fatal error occurred at  transformation [EXP_SET_VTS_FK_GROUP3], and the session is terminating.

It's a intermittent issue with Persistent cache. I search a lot on portal but not getting proper answer.

There is no permission issue,no disk space issue as well.

Lookup  is reusable transformation.

Mapplet is shared in between two sessions. session A and session B

I am getting this error intermittently for both sessions with different lookup file name

for session A :- PMLKUP519_5898243_0L64.dat

Files are created on server :-

[etlnrnprd@abc Cache]$ ls -ltra PMLKUP519_5898243_0L64*

-rw-rw-rw-. 1  Jan 16 10:28 PMLKUP519_5898243_0L64.dat1

-rw-rw-rw-. 1  Jan 16 10:28 PMLKUP519_5898243_0L64.dat0

-rw-rw-rw-. 1  Jan 16 10:28 PMLKUP519_5898243_0L64.idx1

-rw-rw-rw-. 1  Jan 16 10:28 PMLKUP519_5898243_0L64.idx0

For session B :-  PMLKUP375_159_0L64.

I am not able to find any files on the server?

Could you please let me know what could be the reason ?@

session log attached.

• 1. Re: CMN_1558 : Unable to open lookup cache file
          Nico Heinze Guru

Is the Cache directory located on a network share or on a local disk?

If it's a network share, what's the file system? Is it NFS?

If so, there are known issues with NFS shares, and there are quite a few other things to observe.

In general Informatica has issued quite a few recommendations about using NFS and other shared file systems. These things have evolved heavily over time in order to make the system more stable, so I can't tell for sure the current situation. You will have to look up the respective Support Statements about shared file systems, and you should work with Informatica Global Customer Support to investigate your particular issue. It might well be that this problem can be remedied easily, but it may just as well happen that it will take months.

Regards,

Nico

• 2. Re: CMN_1558 : Unable to open lookup cache file
            Pritish Umathe Guru

Hi Nico,

Thanks for all information. I am using GFS shared files system for Informatica file system.

• 3. Re: CMN_1558 : Unable to open lookup cache file
              Nico Heinze Guru

Please look after the recommendations (i.e. Support Statements) about shared file systems (following the link Support Documents at the left border of the Informatica Network home page) and see what you find there. I don't have all the details at hand (and they did change over the past years, so it's very difficult to have all that stuff in mind), so the official documents are a better source of information about what might be the root cause of trouble here.

What I want to point out is this: it might well be that the shared file system you are using doesn't work reliably with PowerCenter. There are a few points which you have to check, and if these points don't clearly indicate some root cause, then you better open a service request (often called a "support case" or "ticket") with Informatica Global Customer Support to have your issue investigated.

Regards,

Nico

• 4. Re: CMN_1558 : Unable to open lookup cache file
                Rajan Rath Guru

Hello Pritish,

It seems the lookup cache file is reused by a different lookup file Repository.

2019-01-03 05:48:48 : INFO : (4782 | TRANSF_1_1_1) : (IS | PCIS_TCL_GLXY_NRN_PRD) : Node02_GLXY_PRD : DBG_21293 : Existing cache of lookup source [NeuronDWH_DirtyRead_V.DIM_CACH_CALL_CHARACTERISTICS] created by lookup [mplt_GET_CACH_ID_VAS.LKP_DIM_CACH_CALL_CHARACTERISTICS] is re-used by lookup [mplt_GET_CACH_ID_VTS.LKP_DIM_CACH_CALL_CHARACTERISTICS]

It could be a possibility that the other is executing and has access to the lookup cache file. This is a static or dynamic lookup type?

If the other lookup is not accessing the cache during the same time, then certainly this needs to be reviewed from the file system perspective to see what exactly is blocking to open the cache file.

Alternately, you may try moving the cache file directory to a local file system and check if the issue still persists.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajan