1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 16, 2019 1:22 AM by Andre Kirsten

Address Verification (On Premises) vs. Address Validator Transformation

Vincent McKinney Active Member

I am looking to understand whether there is a difference (and what the difference is) between using the Address Validator Transformation though an IDQ/Developer mapping, and using Address Verification On Premises v 5.13. Is one more designed for use as part of a batch vs. the other for use as part of an API or C/Java script independent of a Developer Workflow? Are there any different licensing requirements for the IDQ transformation vs. Address Verification 5.13? I know we are not licensed for the Cloud version but am not sure about on premises.

We are already using an Address Validator transformation in Developer as part of a batch process, and another in a mapping deployed as a web service, but I'm wondering if there are other options or a better/faster way to use this functionality for API.

• 1. Re: Address Verification (On Premises) vs. Address Validator Transformation
          Andre Kirsten Guru

Hi Vincent,

The AV transformation is an interface into the software library which is being used in the background.

Regarding licensing - if you have the UnlockCodes for the reference data, you can use those in DQ or directly with the software library.

Depending on your circumstances it might be faster, when you provide your own implementation of the software library (either as a web service or a standalone binary).

However, you will loose all the "garnish" provided by DQ around the AV transformation such as graphical configuration interface, mapplets to "decode" the response codes etc.

Kind regards,

Andre.

1 of 1 people found this helpful