3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2018 7:48 AM by Sriram Bobba

Scheduling Email Notifications in ActiveVOS

Manasa Chinnasani Seasoned Veteran

Hi,

I have configured email service in Activevos workflow and able to trigger email notifications of TAP details, when a product enters into workflow. I want to schedule the email notifications to a specific time.

For the same i tried creating schedule with the following inputs:

With the above details i am getting following error:

what should be input for 'Input Document'?

what should be filled for service name, Is it the process name or service name

Any help is much appreciated!!

Regards,

Manasa

• 1. Re: Scheduling Email Notifications in ActiveVOS
          Sriram Bobba Active Member

Hi,

The input document is the actual input xml for the workflow.

Service name is the actual service name you provide in the pdd file.

Also, when a product enters a workflow and you want to send email, you cannot use a schedule, you have to use email as a service and configure email host settings on the console.

if your requirement is different than this, please explain the actual use case.

thank you,
          Sriram Bobba.

• 2. Re: Scheduling Email Notifications in ActiveVOS
            Manasa Chinnasani Seasoned Veteran

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for the reply.

We have business use case where product will enter into workflow based on some condition.

We want to send out a email with list of Products entered into the workflow, for this i want to schedule email weekly once  so that every week at specific time an email is sent out with list of products in the workflow.

Regards,

Manasa

• 3. Re: Scheduling Email Notifications in ActiveVOS
              Sriram Bobba Active Member

Hi,

Your requirement can be achieved through Scheduling. You can create a workflow with just a  basic string input, so that workflow can be started. Then retrieve your product data, create email input and use email service. You can deploy the workflow and create schedule for every week with your workflow service name and input document which you can get by creating sample data for the input string variable in the designer.

you can also use html for the email body input to get clean formatted data in your email. you can change the mime type to text/html.

Also, before all this you will have to configure email settings on the console.

-Sriram