4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2018 6:02 AM by Sravan Kumar

Informatica Developer IDQ Issue

Sravan Kumar New Member

Need Help: Trouble Launching Developer tool. Initially, When i first installed I would able to launch it couple of times. But later, nope. I uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same issue as below. I was able to launch only with run.bat file not with the application icon (Shortcut).

• 1. Re: Informatica Developer IDQ Issue
          Robert Whelan Guru

Hi

Can you check the Developer log for any errors - C:\Informatica\10.2.0\clients\DeveloperClient\workspace\.metadata\.log

Also, check the run.bat contents in a text editor to see if there are any flags added on the developerCore.exe line. If there are no flags please try adding -clean i.e. developercore.exe -clean then save an launch Developer using run.bat.

This will remove cached and temporary files so after it opens, close again and try using the Developer icon.

• 2. Re: Informatica Developer IDQ Issue
            Sravan Kumar New Member

Hi Robert,

Thank you for responding.

I did added -clean, application opens from run.bat file. but still unable to launch developer from its icon.

log has the below error messages: (FYI - we are using 10.1)

1. !ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2018-08-16 13:49:50.366

!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/com.informatica.doc.ds_getting_started.es_1.0.0.jar   A bundle is already installed with the name "com.informatica.doc.ds_getting_started" and version "1.0.0"

2. !ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 4 0 2018-08-16 13:49:50.385

!MESSAGE Could not install bundle plugins/com.informatica.doc.ds_user_guide.fr_1.0.0.jar   A bundle is already installed with the name "com.informatica.doc.ds_user_guide" and version "1.0.0"

3. !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2018-08-16 13:50:13.892

!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the images from the 'org.eclipse.ui.commandImages' extension point.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2018-08-16 13:50:13.892

!MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command: plug-in='com.informatica.tools.ui.b2b_dt.dtr.preview', id='com.informatica.tools.ui.b2b_dt.dtr.preview.runDtr'

4. !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2018-08-16 13:50:14.190

!MESSAGE Conflicting handlers for com.informatica.tools.ui.b2b_dt.dtr.addNewTGP: {com.informatica.tools.ui.b2b_dt.dtr.command.AddNewTGPHandler} vs {com.informatica.tools.ui.b2b_dt.dtr.command.AddNewTGPHandler}

5. !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2018-08-16 13:50:14.246

!MESSAGE Conflicting handlers for com.informatica.tools.ui.services.SynchronizeCommand: {com.informatica.tools.adapters.ui.relational.commands.RelationalDataSourceSynchronizeHandler} vs {com.informatica.tools.adapters.ui.pwx.synchronize.PWXASOSynchronizeHandler}

6. !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2018-08-16 13:56:00.030

!MESSAGE Conflicting handlers for com.informatica.tools.ui.b2b_dt.dtr.open_example_source: {com.informatica.tools.ui.b2b_dt.dtr.command.OpenExampleSourceHandler} vs {com.informatica.tools.ui.b2b_dt.dtr.command.OpenExampleSourceHandler@2199e1a4}

• 3. Re: Informatica Developer IDQ Issue
              Robert Whelan Guru

Hi

Probably the simplest solution would be to edit the desktop shortcut so it points to run.bat rather than the executable if your preference is to use the icon to start it.

If you want to have it fully resolved, I'd suggest opening a case with support.

• 4. Re: Informatica Developer IDQ Issue
                Sravan Kumar New Member

Hi Robert,

Will do that.

Thank you.