3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2021 5:48 PM by Anukrati Tiwari

Connect to PostgreSQL database

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a PostgreSQL database in Informatica PowerCenter, but there seems to be no option available. I read that I can use ODBC instead but there is only an option "ODBC for Oracle", "ODBC for SQL Server" and some Cassandra and MongoDB. Which one do I use?

These are the drivers I have available:

Thank you,

Axel

• 1. Re: Connect to PostgreSQL database
          inuser469712 New Member

Hi,

The DataDirect ODBC drivers for PostgreSQL are not displayed in the ODBC driver manager on Windows even though the drivers are installed and available under ODBC folder (<InstallationDir>\ODBCx.x\lib)

Workaround:

To get the drivers in the ODBC driver manager, do the following:

Note

Conduct a full registry backup before any operation on Windows Registry.

1. Edit the registry.
          2. Add a New Registry Key as DataDirect 7.1 Postgre Wire Protocol under [], as shown in the following image:
          3. And update the driver to have <Installation install dir>\clients\tools\ODBC7.1\dwpsql27.dll

Thanks

Abdullah

• 2. Re: Connect to PostgreSQL database
            Syed Aziz Guru

Hello Axel,

Starting PowerCenter 10.4.0, PowerExchange for PostgreSQL connector is available to connect to PostgreSQL.

All flavors of PostgreSQL are supported with 'PowerExchange for PostgreSQL' connector in PowerCenter 10.4:

• Standalone Onprem

• DBaaS - RDS

• Aurora PostgreSQL

Best regards,

Syed

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Connect to PostgreSQL database
              Anukrati Tiwari Guru

Hi,

Can you please confirm the exact Informatica version you are using?

1 of 1 people found this helpful