3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2018 7:31 AM by Karthik Narayanan

regarding Quick Address Entry (autocomplete)

how to implement "Quick Address Entry" (autocomplete) feature in my web application (asp.net)?

• 1. Re: regarding Quick Address Entry (autocomplete)
          Karthik Narayanan Active Member

Hi Rasik,

I am assuming you are looking for a for a type ahead feature similar to google maps, correct?

With the above assumption - you would need to configure Address Doctor to validate in "Fast Completion" mode and have fielded inputs (the entry of address elements need to be passed on to the corresponding input port of Address Doctor). This way, the "Validate" operation (Process operation of the API. If you are using the webservice,you would need to configure the "validation mode" as Fast complete) would suggest the addresses based on the input provided.

• 2. Re: regarding Quick Address Entry (autocomplete)

Fast-completion is working perfect ! thanks

If I run website on localhost it runs fine,

but after hosting on server I am getting following error while using "interactive" service...

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm at System.

any solution for this error ?

thank you...

• 3. Re: regarding Quick Address Entry (autocomplete)
              Karthik Narayanan Active Member

Hi Rasik,

I am glad to know that FC mode works for you.

As for the second issue you have mentioned- It looks more like an issue from Windows system/network level. You might want to check with your sys admins as to where the communication is broken.

However, since you mentioned it happens with Interactive mode - Am I right in stating it works for any other mode without any other change in the code?