4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2018 9:06 AM by David Andovic

Developer 10.1.1 workflow notification task email not delivered

David Andovic New Member

Notification email is not delivered by IDQ 10.1.1 Developer workflow notification task.  Email service is configured correctly in IDQ 10.1.1 Administration Console and there are no error, no log messages regarding email addresses being invalid.  Email addresses are from LDAP security domains. Has anybody encountered this issue?

• 1. Re: Developer 10.1.1 workflow notification task email not delivered
          Robert Whelan Guru

Hi

• Is there anything written to the service log location, INFA_HOME/logs/NodeName/services/EmailService?
          • Are there any messages regarding the notification in the workflow log - INFA_HOME/logs/NodeName/services/DataIntegrationService/disLogs/workflow
          • Can you check the SMTP server logs to see if the emails are getting generated and sent?
          • 2. Re: Developer 10.1.1 workflow notification task email not delivered
            David Andovic New Member

Thanks for the quick reply Robert.  There is no indication of issue in the logs for Email Service nor for DIS workflow and there is no issue in the Admin Console email service logs. 

I do not have access to SMTP server logs unfortunately.

I am running Address Doctor processes configured on node02 (CMS and DIS), a Worker Node using the MRS on node01.  Node01 is the Master Gateway Node.  In the snap below, I see that the Email Service is disabled for node02 but I have not found any way to enable it.  I don't know if that might cause an issue.  Node02 might enable if it becomes the gateway in the event that node01 fails/crashes.

I did see log messages during configuration of the email service that indicated it could not get to the server or email could not be found.  These log messages do not appear now that the email service is properly configured so communication with the email service seems to exist.

• 3. Re: Developer 10.1.1 workflow notification task email not delivered
              Robert Whelan Guru

Hi

I'm not sure if the Email Service being disabled on Node2 is going to cause problems, but the next step would still be confirming the email functionality independent of the Informatica services. Depending on your OS you can probably find some simple test tools online that will allow you send a test email. I've also used a simple java program to do this in the past.

• 4. Re: Developer 10.1.1 workflow notification task email not delivered
                David Andovic New Member

This issue has been resolved.  The problem was that the mail relay server was incorrectly specified in the Admin Console configuration and a fatal CORE_0003 error message indicating "Unknown SMTP Host" was buried in the pages of the EmailService Logs of the Admin Console.  The has been corrected  and email messages are now produced regardless of which node (node01 and node02 in my case) the process is run on.  The EmailService is configured on node01.