2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2018 9:51 AM by Jake Kludjian

HELP! yes, I am a Newbie

Jake Kludjian New Member

I am new to Informatica. I will using the IDQ (cloud based) and DVO (desktop). I need assistance getting started and setting up my environment.

I see there is a lot of content and resources. But if someone can direct men to a tutorial or video starting from the top that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

• 1. Re: HELP! yes, I am a Newbie
          Nico Heinze Guru

Hi Jake,

if you're an employee of an Informatica partner company, then I suggest you register on the Partner Portal (https://parc.informatica.com/partners/); once your application has been accepted by Informatica Partner Management, you can sign up for tons of free online trainings; there will be something like IDQ - First Steps or IDQ Development Level 1 or something like that.

As an employee of a customer, there are basically two choices for you: either start by looking at the YouTube channel of Informatica, there should be tons of tutorials available there; or you take a "formal" training from Informatica University.

For the moment I would leave out DVO for a simple reason: DVO uses Informatica PowerCenter under the hood to perform its tasks; as you don't have any experience with PowerCenter, you might feel overwhelmed by the breadth of details you sometimes have to cater for.

So my personal suggestion is this:

1. Get a formal training of take a look at some YouTube tutorial for IDQ.

2. Once you feel halfway comfortable with IDQ, do the same for DVO.

Regards and welcome to this wonderful crazy world,

Nico

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: HELP! yes, I am a Newbie
            Jake Kludjian New Member

Thanks Nico.