2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2018 5:20 AM by Nico Heinze

Informatica logs are cleared over weeked

Gowtham Ragunath New Member

In application, Informatica logs are cleared over the weekend and we are not able to check the Friday logs on Monday. We need to modify this to have the last 5 days logs available for us. i.e Friday logs need to be available till next Thursday.

Note: This issue is occurring after the application is moved to cloud server.

• 1. Re: Informatica logs are cleared over weeked
          Nico Heinze Guru

You can set up the retention time / max file size per Informatica node. The default values are (if memory serves me right) to keep 30 MB of log files or at most 7 days, whichever occurs first.

From this point of view I dare to suspect that during the installation and setup process on the cloud servers these log retention parameters have not been changed from their default values.

As I don't know off the top of my head where exactly these parameters are set, please consult the Installation and Configuration Guide (part of the Informatica platform documentation).

Regards,

Nico

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Informatica logs are cleared over weeked
            Nico Heinze Guru

Correction: this was a node-based setting in several 9.x versions, but in 10.1 (and I guess in 10.2 as well) this setting is available in the Administrator tool under the tab Logs (or is it Protocols? Can't check right now), then choose under the Actions menu to the right the item Log Management.

The default in 10.1 is to keep logs either up to 30 days or up to a maximum log file size of 200 MB, whichever occurs first.

Regards,

Nico

1 of 1 people found this helpful