4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2018 6:08 AM by sunny K

Secure@Source integration with TDM

sunny K Seasoned Veteran

Hello,

Can we integrate Secure@Source with TDM to auto generate the masking plans for the columns that were identified as PII in Secure@Source?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Secure@Source integration with TDM
          Noor Basha Shaik Guru

Sadly, the documentation of secure@source doesn't talk about TDM integration at all.

We had to create tickets with Informatica support and the answers there too were vague.

The S@S installer asks if we like to setup integration between S@S & TDM. If we choose YES, it asks for PowerCenter repo and integration service details.

I would have appreciated atleast some sort of information in the documentation on how this integration works

• 2. Re: Secure@Source integration with TDM
            sunny K Seasoned Veteran

Thanks for the Response Noor.

Were you able to set up this during the S@S Installation? will this option be available only during initial installation or can we add it after installing S@S.

appreciate your help!!

• 3. Re: Secure@Source integration with TDM
              Noor Basha Shaik Guru

Informatica Professional Services is going to visit us next week. We plan to seek guidance (pros, cons)  from them on whether to setup this integration or not.

The PDM/TDM integration in Secure@Source can do only in-place masking. It cannot do in-stream masking.

the PDM/TDM module outside Secure@Source can do both. But, I remember Informatica saying in one of the webinars that both the flavors could be part of secure@source in future.

The good thing about integration is there is an orchestration process in secure@source around this protection (masking).

I will keep posted the updates.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Secure@Source integration with TDM
                sunny K Seasoned Veteran

Thanks Much Noor