1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2017 7:54 AM by Jani Painokallio

Provisioning tool gives internal error 500

Jani Painokallio Active Member

Hi,

login to Provisioning tool gives internal error 500. How I can debug this?

Tried different browsers, bounced WebSphere Application Server, tried to cleanup browser cache?

• 1. Re: Provisioning tool gives internal error 500
          sathishkumar_NS Guru

Check application server log and cmxserver log for more details.

• 2. Re: Provisioning tool gives internal error 500

Did these ones you (or somebody) help me?

provisioning.log

[2017-09-06 18:35:35,372] [pool-43-thread-1] [INFO ] com.informatica.mdm.provisioning.Log4jManager: Root log level after update: DEBUG

cmxserver.log

[2017-09-06 21:36:24,339] [Timer-12] [ERROR] com.informatica.csm.uploader.AWSUploader: Unable to upload file, upload was aborted.

[2017-09-06 21:36:24,343] [Timer-12] [INFO ] com.infa.mdm.csm.auto.AutoCollectCSMWrapper: CSM generated successfully but Upload failure occured

[2017-09-06 21:37:09,494] [Thread-114] [INFO ] com.siperian.sam.authz.SamPrivilegesManager: SAM privileges cache initialized for <servername>-<db2 instance>-MDMORS

[2017-09-06 21:37:09,515] [Thread-114] [INFO ] com.siperian.sam.hierarchy.SamRoleHierarchyManager: SAM roles cache initialized for <servername>-<db2 instance>-MDMORS

[2017-09-06 21:37:09,530] [Thread-114] [INFO ] com.siperian.sam.hierarchy.SamUserRoleManager: SAM user roles cache initialized for <servername>-<db2 instance>-MDMORS

What Application server log should be looking when using WebSphere? I tried to look those under <WAS ROOT>/profiles/<node>/logs/nodeagent

$ find . -name '*.log' -print

./csm.log

./logs/addNode.log

./logs/ffdc/nodeagent_exception.log

./logs/nodeagent/SystemErr.log

./logs/nodeagent/SystemOut.log

./logs/nodeagent/native_stderr.log

./logs/nodeagent/native_stdout.log

./logs/nodeagent/startServer.log

./properties/service/productDir/PostConfigActions/logs/postinstall.log

./properties/service/productDir/PreConfigActions/logs/postinstall.log

./properties/service/productDir/WebSphere/logs/postinstall.log

./properties/service/productDir/logs/runConfigActions.log

./servicesFramework.log

• 3. Re: Provisioning tool gives internal error 500
              Vaishali Ahlawat Guru

Hi ,

to check provisioning tool issues I think you can refer app server logs.

Also, about this error plz check your XMLs inside C_REPOS_CO_CS_CONFIG .

Provisioning tool validates all the XMLs there , there you might have any issues which PT is not supporting.

Also your hub is validated .

Thanks

Vaishali

• 4. Re: Provisioning tool gives internal error 500
                Lynn W Seasoned Veteran

If you are getting this error when you first log into Provisioning, check to see if someone has a Write Lock on the master schema.  If so, have them release the lock and then you can log into Provisioning again. 

Bottomline - can't log into Provisioning tool while a write lock exists on the master schema.

• 5. Re: Provisioning tool gives internal error 500

Hi,

I have not used provisioning tool before. However I've created couple of IDD Applications (which I can remove if needed).

Just tried to login, screen flashes and then it bounces back to login screen and gives 500 internal error. I can not found anything from the logs.

• 6. Re: Provisioning tool gives internal error 500

I checked the C_REPOS_CO_CS_CONFIG. There is something. Unfortunately I have only db2 client from the app server in use (AIX DB2 Client) so my visibility was very limited. What if there are something which is not supported?

• 7. Re: Provisioning tool gives internal error 500
                      Vaishali Ahlawat Guru

Have you created IDD app from PT?

And C_Repos_CO_CS_CONFIG table has XMLs generated from PT, whatever you do there it comes to the XMLs here like composite_objects, searchable_Co, CO_Views and all .

If you have not made any changes in PT then I guess these XMLs won't be having anything . Though I am not sure if you have made IDD from PT then these changes will go to this table or C_REPOS_COMPONENT_INSTANCE , you can check there too if you find any error in those XMLs if you have access.

See what happens if you have any validation issue in these XMLs then PT don't come up and hence we can't revert or correct our errors so manually we need to fix error from XMLs and upload them again and try.

Also check your write lock in master schema as Lyn said that might help too.

At the end if nothing found then if feasible take IDD Apps backup try deleting , validate the hub and try to login.

Thanks

Vaishali

• 8. Re: Provisioning tool gives internal error 500

No I have not used Povisioning Tool for IDD creation. Created IDD via bdd/config

Tried to release locks, validated ors, removed idd applications, still got this 500 Internal Server Error

• 10. Re: Provisioning tool gives internal error 500

Following XMLs seems to be incomplete

cons.000007708 TRANSFORMATIONS

cons.000007706 COMPOSITE_OBJECTS

can I just delete those or should I try to fix those?

• 11. Re: Provisioning tool gives internal error 500
                            Bipin RajalingamS Guru

"Created IDD via bdd/config". Are the appliations openning fine ?

Which URL are you using to access provisioning tool.

Which MDM version are you on ? Provisioning Tool is availabe only from 10.1. But I guess if it was a pervious version there should be a 404.

Is E360 enabled in the cmxserver.properties file ?

Also Error 500 is an server error happening because the program did not run fine. Are you sure the application was installed properly?

• 12. Re: Provisioning tool gives internal error 500

Build Number 10.2.0.0.0.0.5167392

• 13. Re: Provisioning tool gives internal error 500
                                Vaishali Ahlawat Guru

You should not delete XML itself from the table I guess I am not sure though I have never done that.

But If you never used PT and didn't create anything using it then  there will be I guess defaults inside those XML like ORS specifics I am not surely at this part.

See if you can fix them otherwise can you paste the content here we can check once.

Also, I am not sure but one thing can be tried that you take full back up of these xmls and empty it and upload and try to validate hub and check but 1st suggestion would be to try fixing it if you can see it incomplete then try to complete it.

Which MDM version are you on ? Provisioning Tool is availabe only from 10.1. But I guess if it was a pervious version there should be a 404. // I asked Version to check if its 10.1 , there PT was a bit unstable then 10.2 .

Is E360 enabled in the cmxserver.properties file ? // This can also be helpful plz try.

• 14. Re: Provisioning tool gives internal error 500

Applications were fine, however I exported and deleted those.

I also deleted rows from the C_REPOS_CO_CS_CONFIG restarted the application (not whole appserver yet)

Still the error

1 2 Previous Next