1 2 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2019 9:25 PM by Ramta Batra

Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum

gcook Guru

Please fee free to post your questions, comments, feedback about the IICS preview release. Support and Product Management will be moderating this forum to make sure all questions are answered.

• 1. Re: Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum
          Baby Girl Pantaleon New Member

Hi,

I have the following questions:

1. Do we have limitations for creating Projects and Folders?
          2. Do we have version control with this new release?
          3. Are we going to have multiple urls for this new release? I noticed that when I tried to create a user, it only allows to put a valid email address as the username. Currently we are doing this to login in different environments/orgs.We are using this url Informatica Cloud

Website Login/Username

<your email>.DEV

<your email>.TST

<your email>.SIT

<your email>.UAT

<your email>.PRD

New Release - it looks like this:

• 2. Re: Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum
            Meenakshi Vasudevan Seasoned Veteran

Hi,

Please find the replies inline:

Currently, there is no restriction on the number of projects and folders you can create. The limitation for now is - we are yet to support sub-folders. You can create one-level of folders within the projects.

2. Do we have version control with this new release?

We have added the import/export capabilities with this release. You can export the projects/assets and plug it into your external version control and  re-import them back. This option is available in the Explore page. Built-in version control is in the road map for future releases.

3. Are we going to have multiple urls for this new release?

Can you please elaborate more on this question? There is currently only one URL for the preview release.

I noticed that when I tried to create a user, it only allows to put a valid email address as the username. Currently we are doing this to login in different environments/orgs.We are using this url Informatica Cloud

In the example shown by you, I think the issue is with the use of  <, > characters in the username. The usernames cannot contain these special characters.  However"john.doe@abc.com.DEV" should work as a valid username.

Hope this helps

• 3. Re: Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum

Thanks for your reply.

For item #3.

I noticed that the username should be the valid email address of the user. Will it be the setup once this Release is implemented?

If yes, how can we login in multiple orgs if we only have one username? That is why I asked if we are going to have new urls for every Org going forward. Currently, we are logging in in different Org using one URL but using different username and not necessarily an email address.

• 4. Re: Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum
                Deepti Madan Active Member

Hi,

Please note that there is no restriction on the user name to only be an email address.

You could set up multiple user names for a single Org as long as you are following the criteria (mainly alphanumeric characters).

The users of the current ICS Org will automatically be migrated to the IICS GA Org. For now, you are required to create a new username for IICS Preview access.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum

With regards to this,

"Currently, there is no restriction on the number of projects and folders you can create. The limitation for now is - we are yet to support sub-folders. You can create one-level of folders within the projects". -> would be the sub-folders be supported when this release go live? If not, do we have estimated date?

• 6. Re: Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum
                    Deepti Madan Active Member

GA release will also support one level of folders within a project. This will be revisited in 2018, currently not on the roadmap.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum
                      Himanshu Shandilya New Member

Hi,

I have the following question:s

• Is IICS same as the extended version of ICS?(with projects/asset migration/folders etc. and other extended ETL functions)
                      • What are the other functionalities that are not included in the Preview release ?
                      • Is there a plan to integrate other tools like IDQ, MDM to IICS?
                      • Will ICS also provide a storage service(like S3 storage) which can be used with the integrated tools for projects?
                      • What is full form of IICS?

Thanks in advance.

• 8. Re: Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum

tHi Himanshu,

Please find my replies inline:

• Is IICS same as the extended version of ICS?(with projects/asset migration/folders etc. and other extended ETL functions)

Yes. IICS is the next release for ICS. You can think of it as Release 28 of ICS with new capabilites like Projects ,folders, import , export , orchestration). Since there are a lot of new user interface enhancements  we are inviting our customers to preview and give us feedback.

• What are the other functionalities that are not included in the Preview release ?

Enahncements around Import/Export capabilities, user roles , asset migration are not yet available in the preview.

• Is there a plan to integrate other tools like IDQ, MDM to IICS?

Yes. IICS would be a platform where you will have cloud offerings for Data Integration, Real time/App Integration ,MDM, Intgeration Hub, B2B, Data quality. Integration of these tools is in the roadmap and would be available next year.

• Will ICS also provide a storage service(like S3 storage) which can be used with the integrated tools for projects?

We don't have any plans to provide storage.But would like to understand more on the use case and see what can be done in the future.

• What is full form of IICS?

IICS - Informatica Intelligent Cloud Servcies

Hope this helps!

• 9. Re: Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum

Please see my question below:

1. Can you login in same Org in different browsers? I noticed in the Pre-Release website that is not allowed. Would it be the same behaviour when this release goes live?

2. What is the replacement of Mapping Configuration Tasks (MCT)?

• 10. Re: Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum

Hi,

I was able to login to the org from multiple browsers. Can you please provide the details on the error that you see.

Mapping Tasks in the new IICS are the Mapping Cofiguration Tasks

Thanks!

• 11. Re: Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum

For my question #1, please disregard, I am able to access on all the browsers.

Would it be possible to provide the high level comparison of the Informatica Cloud Services to Informatica Cloud Data Integration?  This would be easier for the business to see the difference and if this release would really be helpful to them. I have seen the new features and enhancements. I understand most of them because I was working with this since before.

• 12. Re: Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum

We are conducting enablement sessions which is a good chance to learn more and also talk to the product team. I will email the details.

thanks

• 13. Re: Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum

Okay sure. Btw, what is the specific permission that can be granted for a user for him to EXPORT the assets without giving him a Modify, Create, Update access.

• 14. Re: Welcome to the IICS - Preview Discussion Forum
                                    Sudeep M Seasoned Veteran

Hi, a user needs to be an Admin (needs to have "Admin" role) to be able to import/export objects to/from an org.

~Sudeep M

1 2 Previous Next