7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2017 6:21 AM by Stefan Reinhardt

PIM Integration with IDQ for match & merge operation

user164212 Guru

Hi,

Our customer has INFA IDQ solution and also is looking for a PIM solution too. Product information is coming from different channels such as Suppliers, Excels, Web Channel, Studio (Product picture etc). So requirement is :

• Collect all product information in a central single system
      • Minimize the product duplication at the definition phase and/or with daily batch  processes
      • Create a golden record for the products which are coming from different suppliers
      • To feed golden records to different SAP systems

At this point, could you please advise me, can we use IDQ for match & merge operations instead of MDM solution. How integration will be done between IDQ and PIM for match & merge operations. Is there any detail document for it?

Best Regards

E&A

• 1. Re: PIM Integration with IDQ for match & merge operation
          Stefan Reinhardt Guru

Hi E&A,

good points and I can tell that many customers of Informatica went through similar challenges. The most common approach is to use Product 360 as the central system to manage product data records. It also comes with an integrated DQ module which is based on IDQ. So you can (re)use DQ rules directly inside the Product 360 application server with a granular DQ status model and management.

For consolidation of records or match and merge you can use the Product 360 out of the box capabilities or alternatively have IDQ as a gate keeper so that data first gets processed by IDQ and then transferred to Product 360 for proper setup of golden records.

The specific flavor of setup your customer benefits the most of depends on the specific requirements. My advice: Engage with your Informatica Account Management team, tell them your interest in expanding the use case and let them give you a detailed presentation of your possibilities.

Best,

Stefan

• 2. Re: PIM Integration with IDQ for match & merge operation
            user164212 Guru

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your helps.

Could you please give me some detail information about PIM & DQ integration for match & merge operations. Is there any detail technical document or architecture about it? How this process will be done?

Best Regards

E&A

• 3. Re: PIM Integration with IDQ for match & merge operation
              Stefan Reinhardt Guru

Hi Evrim,

there is no standard document for this since the way how customer processes define their match and merge often varies. However you have out of the box DQ rules for Product 360, you can configure a DQ rule to do lookup checks of items already in the Master Catalog during the merge operation or completely use IDQ standalone to transform your data prior to importing it into Product 360 (depending on your DQ license for Product 360).

That's the three options I have met so far out there in the world.

Cheers,

Stefan

• 4. Re: PIM Integration with IDQ for match & merge operation
                user164212 Guru

Thanks Stefan for your answers.

Let me ask you last question about it.

Is there use case according to these requirements?

Best Regards

E&A

• 5. Re: PIM Integration with IDQ for match & merge operation
                  Stefan Reinhardt Guru

The main use case is that you have multiple sources of product data like other internal systems or external data suppliers and those source systems have their own view on particular SKUs that you want to harmonize in a golden Master with Product 360. This means you need a proper staging area for external data and the merge into the master (standard Product 360 capabilities) and a pattern on how you identify

a) data for the same SKU coming from multiple sources

b) data for a SKU that is already stored in Product 360

c) which fields from which source system to take over into Product 360

and possible more which to some extend may need IDQ rules for decision making...

I hope this helps a little.

• 6. Re: PIM Integration with IDQ for match & merge operation
                    user164212 Guru

I mean that is there any implemented project according to these requirements (Case Study). It can be a sample to explain it to our customer.

Best Regards

E&A

• 7. Re: PIM Integration with IDQ for match & merge operation
                      Stefan Reinhardt Guru

Nothing publicly that I am aware of. But are you having a contact at our alliances team? They could likely be of help here since our internal project teams did take similar requirements in multiple accounts and they might have something to share.