13 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2017 4:43 AM by Nitin KN

REST API call to RELTIO MDM

rajeev nayan Active Member

Hi All,

I am trying to post a JSON file into Reltio..

But I am not quite able to get there.

If anyone has done that, please help me out with the process starting from creating connection..

• 1. Re: REST API call to RELTIO MDM
          Neeraj Upadhyay Support Moderators

Below Video Kb will guide you how to do post call in informatica cloud, this is not exactly what you asked  but it will give you some idea about how to do ReST Post Calls

How to create a Post call using ReST connector in Informatica Cloud - YouTube

• 2. Re: REST API call to RELTIO MDM

Thanks for the Respone Neeraj..

I had already seen this video on youtube.. But i am facing issue specifically connecting to Reltio cloud. It actually requires an access token. So in my first step I am trying to get the access token from Reltio, which can be further used to post data into Reltio But I am unable to get this done..

Thanks

Rajeev

• 3. Re: REST API call to RELTIO MDM
              Nitin KN Guru

You can use ReST V2 connection in the Mapping along with Web Service transformation. 1st instance of WS transformation will be to make login call and get access token, output of WS transformation can be passed as input to 2nd instance of WS transformation.

Refer user guide for more info: https://kb.informatica.com/proddocs/Product%20Documentation/6/IC_Spring2017_[REST]V2ConnectorGuide_en.pdf

• 4. Re: REST API call to RELTIO MDM

Hi Nitin,

I am using the same approach.

To simplify it I have used the following process:

step 1 : created a REST V2 connection with a swagger file

Step 2: Used the REST V2 connection as source to perform a GET call to generate access token

Step 3: Used a blank text file as target to store that access token..

But I am not getting the result.

If you have done it.. Can you please elaborate more?

Regards

Rajeev Nayan

• 5. Re: REST API call to RELTIO MDM
                  Nitin KN Guru

Check the session log of the task and see if yo have the request and response. Probably GET call is not successful. Post the complete log here.

• 6. Re: REST API call to RELTIO MDM

Here is the request Message that i am sending:

<proc:findoauthtoken_INPUT xmlns:proc="http://xml.schemas/infa/procedure/">

<findoauthtoken>

<Authorization>Basic cmVsdGlvX3VpOm1ha2l0YQ==</Authorization>

<username>rnayan</username>

<password>******</password>

<grant_type>password</grant_type>

</findoauthtoken>

</proc:findoauthtoken_INPUT>

Log (error portion only):

READER_1_1_1> CMN_1761 [2017-05-22 15:30:49.878] Timestamp Event: [Mon May 22 15:30:49 2017]

READER_1_1_1> CCI_1000 [2017-05-22 15:30:49.878] [ERROR] Unauthorized {"error":"unauthorized","error_description":"There is no client authentication. Try adding an appropriate authentication filter."}

READER_1_1_1> CMN_1761 [2017-05-22 15:30:49.879] Timestamp Event: [Mon May 22 15:30:49 2017]

READER_1_1_1> GENERIC_READ_40 [2017-05-22 15:30:49.879] [ERROR] Fault occurred while reading data from external system: [<INFA:findoauthtoken_FAULT xmlns:INFA="http://xml.schemas/infa/procedure/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><findoauthtoken><RequestXML><proc:findoauthtoken_INPUT xmlns:proc="http://xml.schemas/infa/procedure/">

<findoauthtoken>

<password>*****</password>

</findoauthtoken>

</RequestXML><ErrorCode>401</ErrorCode><ErrorMessage>Unauthorized {"error":"unauthorized","error_description":"There is no client authentication. Try adding an appropriate authentication filter."}</ErrorMessage></findoauthtoken></INFA:findoauthtoken_FAULT>].

TRANSF_1_1_1> DBG_21216 [2017-05-22 15:30:49.882] Finished transformations for Source Qualifier [NewSource]. Total errors [0]

Job is getting successful, but in the log this is the error that I got and did not get the result as well.

Regards

Rajeev Nayan

• 7. Re: REST API call to RELTIO MDM

Here is the request Message that i am sending:

<proc:findoauthtoken_INPUT xmlns:proc="http://xml.schemas/infa/procedure/">

<findoauthtoken>

<password>******</password>

</findoauthtoken>

Log (error portion only):

READER_1_1_1> CMN_1761 [2017-05-22 15:30:49.878] Timestamp Event: [Mon May 22 15:30:49 2017]

READER_1_1_1> CCI_1000 [2017-05-22 15:30:49.878] [ERROR] Unauthorized {"error":"unauthorized","error_description":"There is no client authentication. Try adding an appropriate authentication filter."}

READER_1_1_1> CMN_1761 [2017-05-22 15:30:49.879] Timestamp Event: [Mon May 22 15:30:49 2017]

READER_1_1_1> GENERIC_READ_40 [2017-05-22 15:30:49.879] [ERROR] Fault occurred while reading data from external system: [<INFA:findoauthtoken_FAULT xmlns:INFA="http://xml.schemas/infa/procedure/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><findoauthtoken><RequestXML><proc:findoauthtoken_INPUT xmlns:proc="http://xml.schemas/infa/procedure/">

<findoauthtoken>

<password>*****</password>

</findoauthtoken>

</RequestXML><ErrorCode>401</ErrorCode><ErrorMessage>Unauthorized {"error":"unauthorized","error_description":"There is no client authentication. Try adding an appropriate authentication filter."}</ErrorMessage></findoauthtoken></INFA:findoauthtoken_FAULT>].

TRANSF_1_1_1> DBG_21216 [2017-05-22 15:30:49.882] Finished transformations for Source Qualifier [NewSource]. Total errors [0]

Job is getting successful, but in the log this is the error that I got and did not get the result as well.

Regards

Rajeev Nayan

• 8. Re: REST API call to RELTIO MDM
                        Nitin KN Guru

Can you give your task name and org id?

• 9. Re: REST API call to RELTIO MDM

Hey Nitin,

I am sorry i'm new to cloud and did not get what you are asking for.. I am in urgent need of help here. will it be possible if we can connect over mail or call..I am leaving my details below..

Email: rajeevnayan2013@gmail.com

Cell: +91-9051682245

• 10. Re: REST API call to RELTIO MDM

Org ID: Org001RF5

Mapping Name: rest_v2

Please try to resolve the issue. We are stuck.

• 11. Re: REST API call to RELTIO MDM
                              Nitin KN Guru

There seems to be a problem with the authentication. In Rest V2 connection, you have selected OAUTH as auth type and given uname, pwd and other oauth details. uname, pwd shouldn't be used if it is really Oauth

As per the log there is Basic authentication header.

Have you tried the same call in Postman or ARC ?  What is the authentication you select there?

• 12. Re: REST API call to RELTIO MDM

I have tried this call with Postman using "oauth" and it was successful. It is a two step process that we did in Postman

1- Send the GET message to receive access Token. Set the access token to the tenant.

2- Once the tenant is set against that access token then POST the data in JSON format

I am trying to achieve the same kind of step here. But clueless how to do it. So started with the first step to atleast get the response which I am not receiving any.

Thanks,

Rajeev

• 13. Re: REST API call to RELTIO MDM
                                  Nitin KN Guru

Remove uname, pwd in the connection, retain only OAuth details and try.