5 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2017 8:25 PM by VIDYASAGAR BALASUBRAMANIAN RSS

IDQ 10.1 Installation in Server Linux

Sagajanandan S New Member

Hi Team,

I want to know how to install IDQ 10.1 in linux and create CMS,DIS,MRS and AS in server level or in admin console. I have installed Powercenter in server A and in that I created domain, repository service and integration service. As per the client requirement I need to install IDQ alone in server B. Please tell me, whether I need to install again informatica 10.1 in server and then once MRS and DIS created in admin console I need to do some changes or how it works? Please help me asap. I have the below files alone for IDQ.

IDQContent10.1.zip

 1010_Content_linux-x64.zip

IDQIntegration10.1.zip(below 2 folder inside zip)

DQ101_PC961

(inside folder DQ101_PC961 IntegrationServer961-101linux-x64.zip)

DQ101_PC951

(inside folder DQ101_PC951  IntegrationServer951-101linux-x64.zip)

Thanks,

Saga

• 1. Re: IDQ 10.1 Installation in Server Linux
          VIDYASAGAR BALASUBRAMANIAN Guru

Hi Sagajanandan,

Yes, you need to install Informatica in the server B. Since you have installed PWC (server A), you know the steps to install the domain. Once the domain and Admin Console is ready and up, create and configure the following Data Quality Services:

List of application services part of the Data Quality Standard Edition:

1. Analyst Service, AS (mandatory, if you want to use Analyst tool, for AS runs it)

2. Content Management Service, CMS (optional)

3. Data Integration Service, DIS (mandatory)

4. Model Repository Service, MRS (mandatory)

5. Search Service, SS (optional, this manages search in Analyst tool)

List of Database Connections required for the services:

1. Domain Configuration database connection required for the Domain

2. Reference Data Warehouse connection for the Content Management Service

3. Data object cache database connection for the Data Integration Service.

4. Profiling warehouse database connection for the Data Integration Service.

5. Human task database connection for the Data Integration Service.

6. Model Repository database connection for the Model Repository Service.

Analyst and Search Service don’t need a database connection.

Please refer the Installation Guide for all the detailed steps.

Thanks,

Vidyasagar

• 2. Re: IDQ 10.1 Installation in Server Linux

Hi Sagajanandan,

Once you're done with IDQ installation (domain and MRS, DIS, AS, CMS), then go ahead with the installation of IDQ Content.

Please refer to the following guides before the installation to have a comprehensive understanding of it.

• DQ_961HF3_ContentInstallationGuide_en.pdf
            • DQ_961HF2_AcceleratorGuide_en.pdf

Informatica Data Quality and PowerCenter applications can use rules and reference data to improve data accuracy and to standardize the appearance of data. Informatica uses the term content to collectively refer to rules and reference data.

Informatica distributes the following types of content:

• Accelerators
            • Address reference data files
            • Identity population files

The Content installer does not include address reference data files or identity population files. You purchase this content separately. For address reference data, you purchase an annual subscription for a specific country.

Use the Content installer executable files to install address reference data, identity population, and accelerator demonstration data. Use Informatica Developer to import accelerator rules, demonstration mappings, and reference tables to the Model repository and to write reference table data to the reference data database.

The Data Quality Content installer contains installation files and the Core accelerator.

The Content installer contains the following directories:

• Accelerator_Content
            • Accelerator_Sources
            • Installer

Thanks,

Vidyasagar

• 3. Re: IDQ 10.1 Installation in Server Linux

Hi Sagajanandan,

I also suggest you have a complete insight into the architecture of MRS, DIS, CMS and AS before you begin the installation. It would help you get the maximum ease of creating and configuring the services without any problems.

Thanks,

Vidyasagar

• 4. Re: IDQ 10.1 Installation in Server Linux
                Sagajanandan S New Member

Ok. But As this Informatica (1010_Server_Installer_linux-x64.tar) is 10.1 I have installed. But in content and integration i could see IntegrationServer951 and IntegrationServer961. Which to be installed.

Also I am getting the below option. Please let me know which to choose.

Select a Choice

* 1->Extract only Identity Population files.

2->Extract only the address validation zip files.

3->Select both the options above.

(Default: 1):1

******************************************************************************************************

Installation Directory - Step 2 of 6

******************************************************************************************************

[ Type 'back' to go to the previous panel or 'help' to check the help contents for this panel or 'quit' to cancel the installation at any time. ]

Enter the existing Informatica Data Quality Content Server installation directory. (default :- /apps/informatica/Informatica/10.1.0) :/apps/informatica/10.1.0/idq_10.1/1010_Content_linux-x64/Installer

Choose File/Folders - Step 3 of 6

[ Type 'back' to go to the previous panel or 'help' to check the help contents for this panel or 'quit' to cancel the installation at any time. ]

Type comma separated list of zip files or folders containg zip files ( no space before and after comma ) :/apps/informatica/10.1.0/idq_10.1/1010_Content_linux-x64/Accelerator_Content/Informatica_DQ_Content

*************************************************************************

I am going to follow as below.

1. installation of 1010_Server_Installer_linux-x64.tar which is to create domain, dis,mrs,cms,as and ss

2. Install of

• Install.sh from Installer The Content installer contains the following directories: (\IDQ_10\IDQContent10.1\1010_Content_linux-x64\1010_Content_linux-x64\Installer)

then under this \IDQ_10\IDQIntegration10.1\DQIntegration\DQ101_PC961\IntegrationServer961-101linux-x64\IntegrationServer961/  i could find one install.bin. I need to install this aswell.

• 5. Re: IDQ 10.1 Installation in Server Linux

Regarding the following files:

IDQIntegration10.1.zip(below 2 folder inside zip)

• DQ101_PC961 
                  • DQ101_PC951

These are the Informatica Data Quality Plug-in installers for PowerCenter to be used when you use different versions of Data Quality and PowerCenter.

In your case, since you are using PowerCenter 10.1, same as IDQ, there is no need to install these plug-in installers.

And regarding the selection choice:

Select the option 3 to install both identity population and address validation.