It's Key Generator Transformation that we use to generate the sequence numbers and there is no Sequence Generator Transformation in IDQ.
Here are the steps to generate the sequence numbers in IDQ:
- Add a Key Generator Transformation to the mapping and connect to a port.
- Select Key Generator transformation Properties > Strategies, and create a new strategy of type String.
- Select the port under Inputs and on Properties tab change the length to 1.
This reduces the processing overhead of the transformation to a minimum.
- Ensure that Sort is not selected and select the Generate Sequence Key Automatically radio button.
- Now, you should get a SequenceId output for each record.
Thank you very much Vidyasagar!
I checked release notes before posting this but did not find any mention that Sequence Transformation is removed/substituted in Informatica 10. It was there in 9.6.
Just adding the comment for those who referring to this Kb might be useful we have both Sequence generator and key generator in 10X please refer below guide for your reference the https://kb.informatica.com/proddocs/Product%20Documentation/5/IN_101_DeveloperTransformationGuide_en.pdfhttps://kb.informatica.com/proddocs/Product%20Documentation/5/IN_101_DeveloperTransformationGuide_en.pdf