1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2020 7:05 AM by Manwith Bathini

start Logger service failing

Hello All,

Can anyone help me on below issue. I am newly establishing power exchange cdc setup.

When i start logger service i get below error:

PWX-21605 Connection selected CPORDDZ1 found from covr< > tag< > type< ORA> int< FALSE> method< CONN_NAME>.

PWX-25802 Process pwxccl pid 112779 locked file /etlldapp02/app/etlpc10/Informatica/PowerExchange10.1.0/CAPT_PATH_DIR/CDCT_instance_ETLDEV_lockfile.lck

PWX-25802 Process pwxccl pid 112779 locked file /etlldapp02/app/etlpc10/Informatica/PowerExchange10.1.0/CAPTURE/CondenseO_loggerfiles_lockfile.lck

PWX-33260 Loading registrations from location "node_src"

PWX-33304 Connection: 10.240.85.40:44951, Type: CPR, Task ID: 0, Operation timeout: secs, Heartbeat interval: 30 secs, Session:

PWX-06115 No active Capture Registrations for processing

PWX-06070 Error reading registrations from CCT file, rc = 6115.

PWX-25803 Process pwxccl pid 112779 unlocked file /etlldapp02/app/etlpc10/Informatica/PowerExchange10.1.0/CAPTURE/CondenseO_loggerfiles_lockfile.lck

PWX-25803 Process pwxccl pid 112779 unlocked file /etlldapp02/app/etlpc10/Informatica/PowerExchange10.1.0/CAPT_PATH_DIR/CDCT_instance_ETLDEV_lockfile.lck

"LOGGER.txt" 44L, 2174C

Thank You,

Govinda                                                                                                                  

• 1. Re: start Logger service failing
          dan.smith@informatica.com Guru

PWX-06115 No active Capture Registrations for processing

That means pretty much what it says:

When you started PWXCCL, there were no active capture registrations for the source DB that you told it to use.

If PWXCCL has no capture registrations, then PWXCCL has zero work to do, so it shuts down.

You need to create at least one capture registration for the source database before you start PWXCCL.

• 2. Re: start Logger service failing

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your quick reply, I have created many registrations already in pwx navigator. But while doing row test, I see below error, can you please guide me.

Thank You,

Govinda

• 3. Re: start Logger service failing

However, that is exactly what that message means.

Capture Registrations are stored by PWX Listener, in the CCT* files in CAPT_PATH.

Is PWXCCL using the same DBMOVER.CFG as PWX Listener?

If not, is CAPT_PATH the same in both DBMOVER.CFGs?

Is PWXCCL running on the same box as PWX Listener?

Did you create the capture registrations using the correct PWX Listener?

The error messages in your latest post are *nix saying that the file doesn't exist.

On *nix, you get that same error for both "file not fount" and for "you don't have permissions to see that".

Are the files there?

Are you running PWX Listener under a different login than the one that created those files?

• 4. Re: start Logger service failing

Thank You Dan for your quick support, Here are the answers of your questions:

Is PWXCCL using the same DBMOVER.CFG as PWX Listener?---- Yes

If not, is CAPT_PATH the same in both DBMOVER.CFGs?

Is PWXCCL running on the same box as PWX Listener? -----Yes

Did you create the capture registrations using the correct PWX Listener? -----Yes

The error messages in your latest post are *nix saying that the file doesn't exist.

On *nix, you get that same error for both "file not fount" and for "you don't have permissions to see that".

Are the files there?---- Yes

Are you running PWX Listener under a different login than the one that created those files?---No, Same login

Dan, i have attached dbmover,pwxorad  from source, dbmover,pwxccl from pwx server and navigator screenshots while using node source and node infa.

Please have a look and let me know, if any changes required to make row test success.

Thank You in advance.

Govinda

• 5. Re: start Logger service failing

PWX Navigator only talks with a PWX Listener.

Do you have a PWX Listener running on both those boxes?

If so, the capture registrations exist on whichever one you connected to when registering them.

They don't exist at any other PWX Listener unless you done something to copy them to another Listener.

• 6. Re: start Logger service failing

You don't have a CAPTURE_NODE coded, so PWXCCL will be launching PWX capture itself, rather than asking some PWX Listener to handle it.

That means the capture registrations need to live on the box where PWXCCL is running.

If your intent is to use Remote Logging, then you need to add a CAPTURE_NODE to PWXCCL.CFG, and point it to the NODE statement that points to the PWX Listener on the Oracle server.

CAPTURE_NODE=node_src

• 7. Re: start Logger service failing

Hi Dan,

Power exchange listener is running on both oracle and power exchange servers.

we have given CAPTURE_NODE=node_src in pwxccl file already.

And i can see below files in power exchange server

/app/etlpc10/Informatica/PowerExchange10.1.0/CAPT_XTRA_DIR

[etlpc10 CAPT_XTRA_DIR]$ ls -lart

total 40

-rw-r--r--. 1 etlpc10 etlpc  1237 Sep 14 16:17 d8etldev.test1.dmx

-rw-r--r--. 1 etlpc10 etlpc  1275 Sep 14 16:45 d8etldev.capture1.dmx

-rw-r--r--. 1 etlpc10 etlpc  1244 Sep 28 11:38 d8etldev.test2c.dmx

-rw-r--r--. 1 etlpc10 etlpc  1384 Sep 28 15:29 d8etldev.emp.dmx

-rw-r--r--. 1 etlpc10 etlpc  1461 Sep 28 17:02 d8etldev.pwx09281.dmx

Where else i need to look into?

• 8. Re: start Logger service failing

OK, I apologize - I somehow missed that when I looked at the .docx earlier today.

I see it there now, when I looked again.

The extraction maps go in CAPT_XTRA_DIR.

- this is what tells PWX how to format the captured data to send it to PC

- this is the object that gets imported into PC Designer

The capture registrations are saved in the CCT in CAPT_PATH.

- this is what tells PWX capture what tables and columns in those tables to capture

- this is what tells PWX what the datatypes of those columns are

If you look at the capture registrations in PWX Navigator:

Does the resource panel show the correct PWX Listener?

Does the resource panel show the correct Oracle database?

Does the capture registration show that it is Active?

- these things would affect whether or not PWX Capture will have anything to capture, so whether or not PWXCCL will run.

In a Remote Logging environment, both RowTest and Session get a little more complicated.

If you want to RowTest from CND files, or for PC sessions:

LOCATION points to the PWX Listener that runs where PWXCCL runs.

Map Location points to the PWX Listener on the DB server (because that is where extraction maps live)

Map Location is in the advanced tab for PWX Navigator RowTest

If you want to RowTest from the Oracle logs (which I normally would not recommend):

LOCATION points to the PWX Listener on the DB server (because that is where capture registrations live)

• 9. Re: start Logger service failing

Hello Dan,

Very good morning.

I understand what you have mentioned above. Thank you for explaining it clearly.

My intention is to successfully start logger service , but i see unless i do successful capture registration followed by rowtest, logger wont be succeeded.  As you mentioned above, i have tried executing row test using Node_Infa ( where pwxccl runs) also put map location details in advanced tab, still its failing with error (attached).

I can see CCT files in both the servers, in Oracle server CCT file doesnt have any data , but in Informatica server it does contains capture registration details. which one i should look for?

Where we can see CND files in which server and path?

Suggest me whether its mandatory to do capture registration with row  test to start logger service or any other  changes needed to be done to start logger service successfully.

Thank You,

Govinda

• 10. Re: start Logger service failing

You don't have to do a rowtest to start PWXCCL.

PWXCCL does require at least one valid capture registration, and RowTest can verify that, but it is not required.

However, it sounds like the capture registrations were created incorrectly.

In a Remote Logging environment the capture registrations must be created using the PWX Listener that runs on the DB server.

From what you are saying, the CCT there is empty, and the CCT on the PC box is not empty.

That's exactly backwards, and is why PWX capture won't start, which is why PWXCCL won't start.

PWXCCL will create the CND files.

They will be created on the box where it runs, in the directory that is part of the EXT_CAPT_MASK coded in PWXCCL.CFG.

• 11. Re: start Logger service failing

Hello Dan,

Thank you alot for explaining clearly.

As per my understanding,we must have a valid capture registration with oracle node detils on Location.

This is where i am getting error so i tried with node (where pwxccl runs) and found above issues. But when i tried creating using DB server node on Location, i am getting this errors, and i am not able to see any proper resolution to fix this issue from message code.

As per the message we tried add NLS_LANG environment variable in oracle server .bash_profile file, still we are seeing errors coming up. Could you please check it?

Thank you,

Govinda

• 12. Re: start Logger service failing

The PWX Listener must connect to the Oracle database.

Those errors normally mean that the Oracle Client is either not in the PWX Listener's LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or not its CLASSPATH.

Please verify the environment variables for the login running PWX Listener on the DB server.

• 13. Re: start Logger service failing

Hello Dan,

i have put environment variable with all above details, still it says same error.

Thank you,

Govinda

• 14. Re: start Logger service failing

At this point I would suggest opening a case with Support.

Tell them that you are trying to set up a Remote Logging environment.

Tell them which components (PWXCCL, PWX Listner, PWX Navigator, PC IS + PWXPC) you have running on which boxes.

Include the DBMOVER.CFG and detail.log (or DTLLST1.*log) for each PWX Listener.

Include the DBMOVER.CFG, PWXCCL.CFG, and detail.log (or PWXCCL.*.log) for PWXCCL.

Include the DBMOVER.CFG from the PC IS box.

Include the DBMOVER.CFG from the PWX Navigator box.

Include the error that you are getting when trying to create capture registrations using the PWX Listener on the DB server.

1 2 Previous Next