3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2017 1:43 PM by EC118455

DIY API: 30 Minute Web Service - JDBC, Salesforce, REST

Casey Clayton Seasoned Veteran

The latest edition of DIY API is a video posted to our YouTube Channel

30 Minute API Tutorial : Real Time Data from MS SQL, Salesforce, and a JSON/REST Web Service - YouTube

Informatica Cloud Application Integration provides a code-free solution for creating and publishing API's and Real Time event listeners for service-oriented process orchestrations.  The Cloud Based Process designer allows data architects and business SME's to create working Real Time Integration around almost any business or application event.

Scenario: Vehicle Data Service.  For a Customer Portal, we need a REST Web Service that can accept a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) as an input and respond with complex data about a Vehicle.  The needed data is actually distributed across several sources: Azure/SQL, Salesforce, and a REST Web Service.

Here are the ICRT Artifacts from the Demo that can be imported for you to check out. 

https://informatica.box.com/v/ArtifactsVehicleService

The DB connection would need to be updated to your own DB info.  Also, you will need to get a developer key from Edmunds http://developer.edmunds.com/

• 1. Re: DIY API: 30 Minute Web Service - JDBC, Salesforce, REST

Hi,

I had watched your video , first time I get good idea in Processes , can you help me to trace out for below issue

I am passing input from REST API ( Postman)  to my process in informatica cloud  , this input parameter i had defined for Salesforce account , if we find the data in Salesforce account object then it should display  data in REST api

but  i am getting below error while calling informatica cloud process from REST api

Please let me know if you need further information.

{"IN_FROM_API":"CD656092"}

{

"error": {

"code": 400,

"details": {

"invalid": [

{

"IN_FROM_API": {

"Options": [

"Could not fetch object for cache entry with key \"[$public]salesforceconn:Account\"." /* Salesforceconn is my Salesforce account name)

]

}

}

]

},

"message

• 2. Re: DIY API: 30 Minute Web Service - JDBC, Salesforce, REST
            Uma Ashok Guru

Hi Raghu,

is your salesforce connection published?  Could you re-publish it anyway to see if you still get this error?

Thanks

Uma

• 3. Re: DIY API: 30 Minute Web Service - JDBC, Salesforce, REST

Thanks for your response , I had tested the Salesforce connection in ICRT after Connection published successfully , I had republished the connection for n  of times but nothing is worked

Apart of this anything I need to do ??