1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2016 9:42 AM by gcook

Which security model does informatica cloud follow ?

I wanted to know whether informatica cloud follows SSL security or TLS security?

I have raised this concern since SFT will stop support for SSL and continue with TLS only.

• 1. Re: Which security model does informatica cloud follow ?
          gcook Guru

As of December 2014, we stopped supporting SSL. We are supporting TLS. As for the SFDC connections, we are supporting TLS 1.1 and 1.2 in the Winter '16 release. Since SFDC is turning off TLS 1.0 on their Sandboxes, first, starting Feb 20. Our Winter '16 upgrade will have support for TLS 1.1 and 1.2 for SFDC. No action is required on your part. The agent will be updated automatically during our Winter '16 release and will use TLS.

In 2014 we put out an advisory when we stopped support  for SSL - (I've attached the article here, but NO action is required as our agents have been subsequently updated since the time the article was written, the doc is for historical reference).

Also we have this article regarding the upcoming TLS 1.0 desupport from SFDC:

Per Salesforce Knowledge Article 000221207, starting the first quarter of calendar year 2016, Salesforce will begin disabling the TLS 1.0 encryption protocol.

• Between February 20, 2016 and March 12, 2016, Salesforce will disable TLS 1.0 encryption in sandboxes.
          • In the April 2016 timeframe, Salesforce expects to disable TLS 1.0 encryption in production instances.

o Specific dates expect to be published by Salesforce first quarter calendar year 2016.

Am I impacted?

If you use Informatica Cloud to connect to Salesforce, you are impacted.

Behind the scenes, Informatica will support TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 so that there is no impact to your ability to access Salesforce service with inbound and outbound connections.

How do I install the patch or resolve the issue?

A patch is not required. Informatica will programmatically update your existing Salesforce connections to support TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 encryption protocol.

Can you tell me more about what Salesforce is doing?

Salesforce has published the following knowledge articles describing the changes:

• https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000221207&language=en_USSalesforce%20disabling%20TLS%201.0