1 of 1 people found this helpful
I was able to successfully connect and move data from/to Mariadb from Informatica pOWER CENTER. Below are the steps for the same.
Please feel free to comment if any more clarification is needed. using INFA Powercenter 961 on linux server.
MARIA DB CONNECTION USING INFORMATICA
- Download corresponding Maria Driver/Connector Stable version/s from Maria site which we get as GZ files which needs to be unzipped at some location on the server (CONNECTER-UNZIPPED-LOCATION).
- Please copy the libmaodbc.so present in the mariadb-connector-odbc-2.0.15-ga-linux-x86_64 under lib64 to ODBCHOME lib folder. This consists all the existing libraries.
- I used the following ones for my 32 bit INFA 961 server/client
ODBC Drivers: mariadb-connector-odbc-2.0.15-ga-linux-x86_64
- Then go to odbcinst.ini file located in the ODBCHOME keep the following one at the end.
Description=MariaDB ODBC CONNECTOR
- Then go to odbc.ini and the bellow connection string
Please go and update the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH and add bin location of maria to PATH and lib64 path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
It can be done in the .profile of the server user.
Try to connect now from any session and it should work.
If you get any errors and unable to connect still then please do ldd on the library location.
If it shows anything missing
Say for example: ldd mariadb-connector-odbc-2.0.15-ga-linux-x86_64/lib64/ libmaodbc.so
linux-vdso.so.1 => (0x00007ffeb0b76000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f19477fc000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f19475f7000)
libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00007f19472f5000)
libssl.so.1.0.0 => not found
libcrypto.so.1.0.0 => not found
libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f1946f32000)
Please go the location cd /lib64 and grep for the missing ones ex: grep libssl.so
If you find any new version something like libssl.so.2.0.0 the please link the 2.0.0 to 1.0.0
Do the same for all the missing ones. You can find them in /lib64 of server but with a version difference, please link them accordingly.
Please re-try and you should be able to connect.
I've tested this and it works.
This setup works for me and I am able to connect to Maria DB. I have another Maria DB database where TLS property is mandatory. This means I must use TLS to make a connection to Maria DB.
Can you please help how to do the setup for this? The existing setup doesn't work for this new database.