12 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2015 6:20 AM by Gurram Balakrushna

Unable to open Administration console in 951

Gurram Balakrushna Active Member

Hi Guys,

We have 951 environment and working fine. and we took complete 951(installation directory) clone and copied to another server and made changes like Define domain, define gateway and update-gateway operations. And we succeeded all command and successfully and all services are running and available in both machines as expected.

My issue is that, in my second machine the administration console is not opening. it is saying connection refused. webpage cannot found error are coming..

My all Domain, Integration service and repository services are running and able to connect client tools and developing and executing mappings. But my admin console is not opening.

I did some steps which are available in google as below:

1. Stop the Power Center Services

2. Delete the folder admin console, adminhelp, coreservices, ROOT and tomcatutils from the location root directory/server/tomcat/webapps

3. Restart the Power Center Services

But no luck for me, still unable to open a admin console. Can you people give me the procedure how we can resolve this issues to get the admin console is on my second machine

Thanks in Advance

Bala

• 1. Re: Unable to open Administration console in 951
          Srikanth Vishnuvajhala Guru

Are the admin console ports opened on the second machine? May be there a firewall which is blocking ports on the 2nd machine.

• 2. Re: Unable to open Administration console in 951

Hi Srikanth,

No we disabled the firewall completely from second machine. Is there any way to find the port is blocking with some application,

like netstat -anp | grep <my portnumber>?

Any one succeeded for this adminconsole issue? with the steps of deleting folders and restart the service? i tried multiple times on multiple environments but i didnt succeeded. Please let me know any one succeeded? please share the steps for that.

thanks

Bala

• 3. Re: Unable to open Administration console in 951
              Pavan kumar Guru

Hi Bala,

Please try below steps:

1. Are you able to see adminconsole process on server machine? If it is UNIX, please run and share the output of "ps -ef | grep $USER | grep _AdminConsole" command.

2. Please share catalina_<timestamp>.log file from $INFA_HOME/tomcat/temp/_AdminConsole/logs directory (Share the file when you started Informatica services recently).

3. Try './infacmd.sh ping -sn _AdminConsole -dn <domain_name>' from $INFA_HOME/isp/bin directory and share the output.

Regards,
              Pavan

• 4. Re: Re: Unable to open Administration console in 951

Hi Pavan,

All command are ran and giving expected outputs, Below are the requested outputs:

[infatest@brdba bin]$ ps -ef | grep infatest | grep _AdminConsole

infatest 29661 29551 15 09:17 pts/3    00:02:21 /U04/apps/informatica/9.5.1/java/bin/java -XX:GCTimeRatio=9 -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xmx512M -Dsun.reflect.noInflation=true -d64 -DFrameworksLogFilePath=services/AdministratorConsole/_AdminConsole_jsf.log -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=<MYHOSTNAME>  -classpath /U04/apps/informatica/9.5.1/services/shared/jars/platform/infatomcatbootstrap.jar:/U04/apps/informatica/9.5.1/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/U04/apps/informatica/9.5.1/tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar -Dcatalina.base=/U04/apps/informatica/9.5.1/tomcat/temp/_AdminConsole -Dcatalina.home=/U04/apps/informatica/9.5.1/tomcat -Djava.io.tmpdir=/U04/apps/informatica/9.5.1/tomcat/temp/_AdminConsole/temp -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/U04/apps/informatica/9.5.1/tomcat/temp/_AdminConsole/conf/logging.properties -DINFA_PLUGINS_HOME=/U04/apps/informatica/9.5.1/plugins -DINFA_HOME=/U04/apps/informatica/9.5.1 -DINFA_DOMAINS_FILE=/U04/apps/informatica/9.5.1/domains.infa -Duser.dir=/U04/apps/informatica/9.5.1/tomcat/bin -Dcom.informatica.imf.encryption.provider=com.informatica.imf.icore.impl.IEncryptionProviderImpl -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager com.informatica.isp.tools.tomcatstarter.InfaTomcatBootstrap start

[infatest@brdba bin]$ pwd

/U04/apps/informatica/9.5.1/tomcat/bin

[infatest@brdba bin]$ cd ../../isp/bin

[infatest@brdba bin]$ ./infacmd.sh ping -sn _AdminConsole -dn <MY_DOMAIN_NAME>

[INFACMD_10052] Service [_AdminConsole] Domain [MY_DOMAIN_NAME] Host:Port [<MYHOSTNAME>:7008] was successfully pinged.

Command ran successfully.

And please find the attached log file for Catalina log

And FYI: I enabled https with 9999 port, and i tried netsta -anp | grep 9999 i didnt get any output.

Is there any issue with 9999 port? but my firewall was disabled by system admins. No firewal enabled.

the below ports are used while installing/define domain:

-na <MYHOSTNAME>:7005 -sp 7006 -ap 7008 -sv 7007 -asp 7009 -hs 9999 -mi 7110 -ma 7777

Thanks

Bala

• 5. Re: Unable to open Administration console in 951
                  Pavan kumar Guru

Bala,

I see below error in the catalina file that you shared:

May 8, 2015 9:17:47 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init

SEVERE: [Thread-0]: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-9999"]

java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineLoad(JavaKeyStore.java:771)

at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore$JKS.engineLoad(JavaKeyStore.java:38)

at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1185)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.getStore(JSSESocketFactory.java:392)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.getKeystore(JSSESocketFactory.java:291)

You are not able to access the admin console because you provided incorrect keystore password.

You can provide the correct password by running 'infasetup updategatewaynode' command with -kp option (provide correct keystore password).

Note: Before runnning 'infasetup updategatewaynode' command, please take the backup of nodemeta.xml file which is in $INFA_HOME/isp/config directory.

After running above command successfully, perform tomcat cleanup and start Informatica Service and try to access the admin console.

Regards,

Pavan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Re: Unable to open Administration console in 951

Hi Pavan,

Ok, i think i forgot my first machine keystore password, can i change the keystore password using any command line?

please share the command to change the keystore password using commands..?

thanks & regards

bala

• 7. Re: Unable to open Administration console in 951
                      Pavan kumar Guru

You can provide the correct password by running 'infasetup updategatewaynode' command with -kp option (provide correct keystore password).

Note: Before runnning 'infasetup updategatewaynode' command, please take the backup of nodemeta.xml file which is in $INFA_HOME/isp/config directory.

After running above command successfully, perform tomcat cleanup and start Informatica Service and try to access the admin console.

• 8. Re: Unable to open Administration console in 951

Hi Pavan,

Yes, but correct password mean you are saying old password which was given in machine1? if then i dodnt remember that password.

or

Updartegatewaynode -kp <password> is a newpassowrd? i tried the same but still i am getting same error in the catalina file.

So i thought that the password should be equal to machine1's keystore password. Any other way to change the keystore file password?

thanks

Bala

• 9. Re: Unable to open Administration console in 951
                          Pavan kumar Guru

If you do not remember the password, you can recreate it and update those details by running 'infasetup updategatewaynode' command.

You can recreate by using 'keytool' command. Refer KB 121092 for more information.

Regards,

Pavan

• 10. Re: Unable to open Administration console in 951
                            Pavan kumar Guru

Also, there is a video KB 302570 on how to enable HTTPS with step-by-step instructions.

• 11. Re: Unable to open Administration console in 951

Thanks a lot Pavan,

I will check and let's hope we will success. I will update the same. And thanks once again.

thanks

Bala

• 12. Re: Unable to open Administration console in 951

Thanks Pavan,

It is really helped on my side. Successfully i am opening my adminconsole..

Thanks & regards

Bala