5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2015 11:45 PM by Pritish Umathe

Automate Infa services while doing maintenance activities

Hi Team,

Could you please help me to have automate script to shutdown and startup the INFA services while doing Infra maintanace for DB and Unix activities.

Please suggest action here.

Regards

Raju

• 1. Re: Automate Infa services while doing maintenance activities
          Gopinath Deenadhayalan Guru

Could you be more specific? this is usually depends on your environment and the maintenance window. For instance, the below scenario was implemented on for one of our client.

Before maintenance:

1. If you use Informatica scheduler, make sure to unchedule the workflow. Get the list scheduled workflow and pass it to the pmcmd unschedule command in a loop to unschedule. If you use enterprise scheduler, please ignore this step.

2. Create a script to bring down the services in the order, for example, bring down Webservice --> IS --> Repo Service in the order for Powercenter.

3. Ping the services to check if all the services are down. Then bring down the Domain and include a mail command to notify admins on the status on the script or services

**Include the sleep command between the services shutdown or where ever required to allow the services to go down.

After maintenance:

1. Create a script to start the domain, basically call infaservice.sh script and ping the domain. Make sure to add buffer time.

2. In the same script, bring up the services in the order REPO Service --> Ping to check the service --> Integration service --> Ping to check the service--> Webservice --> Ping the service

3. Have email command to notify admins.

This is the general step, customize it for your environment.

• 2. Re: Automate Infa services while doing maintenance activities

Hi Gopinath, Thanks a lot for your answer. My requirment is for Unix os environment. We are not using any shcedules

If you have sample. please forward me.

• 3. Re: Automate Infa services while doing maintenance activities
              Gopinath Deenadhayalan Guru

In this case, the above mentioned step works good. Also, you can use crontab to schedule the workflow.

• 4. Re: Automate Infa services while doing maintenance activities

hi all,

during maintenance window the infa services were not shutdown. after the server is up i am unable to connect to admin console and repository in infa PC. please advise.

i tried shutdown and startup the infa services.sh

error in cataina.out

[2015-Feb-19 02:02:16.888] Domain service deinit method is called. Aborting the domain service.

[Thu Feb 19 02:02:16 EST 2015] Aborting the domain service.

/opt/Informatica/PowerCenter910/tomcat/bin/infaservice.sh[218]: /usr/java6_64/jre/bin/java/jre/bin/java:  not found

/opt/Informatica/PowerCenter910/tomcat/bin/infaservice.sh[233]: /usr/java6_64/jre/bin/java/jre/bin/java:  not found

/opt/Informatica/PowerCenter910/tomcat/bin/infaservice.sh[218]: /usr/java6_64/jre/bin/java/jre/bin/java:  not found

./catalina.sh[308]: /usr/java6_64/jre/bin/java/jre/bin/java:  not found

infaservice.sh[218]: /usr/java6_64/jre/bin/java/jre/bin/java:  not found

• 5. Re: Automate Infa services while doing maintenance activities
                  Pritish Umathe Guru

Could you please make sure that Shutdown was proper and ports are free after the shutdown? for starting up the informatica services you need to take care that shut down is also proper and  clean.

Also I can't see in catelina.out start up process is initialized. Please make sure that you set the env variables properly and ports are free before start up the informatica domain.

Regards,

Pritish