4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 12:41 AM by anzarahmed

Character set in informatica

Hi,

We are facing issues of character set the description is mentioned below.

1. Issue in Hungarian character set. For e.g. ALKALOIDA Vegyészeti Gyár ZRt value like this

2. Issue in handling tilt (^).  For e.g. In an output column we need ^ to come before the name of first column like ^PersonId. We've designed the target with ^ but after execution of workflow it changed into #.

Kindly let us know which character set of informatica could handle above issues or any other way to achieve that.

• 1. Re: Character set in informatica
          Guru

Change the IS code page to UTF-8.

This should work for you.

• 2. Re: Character set in informatica

Thanks Aditya....I've already did it @Admin console and @Workflow setting also. But still there is the same issue.

• 3. Re: Character set in informatica
              Guru

Hi Anzar,

From the description, I understand that the input value ALKALOIDA Vegyészeti Gyár ZRt" does not contain a tilt sign.

So, do you have a logic in your mapping to add ^ sign before the column value?

If yes, let us know know the logic you are using to achieve this.

If this is not true, i.e the input value contains a ^ itself, then let us know where the source data is read from?

If it is oracle, you may have to check the NLS _lang value set at Informatica end and it should match with the NLS parameters that are set in source oracle database.

Regards,

Sujata

• 4. Re: Character set in informatica

Hi Sujata,

Thnx for the reply, but having tilt in target file is another requirement diff. from 1.

There is no logic for having ^ just in that in the target flat file the first column name should come after ^. for that I've designed the target with ^ but after processing it becomes an #.

Source data are being read from database (oracle) and flat file both.

Both end the NLS_Lang value is same @informatica @ source oracle.