1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 2:59 PM by doanle
      • 1. Re: Is anyone using PowerCenter Express on Windows 8?
        Guru

Windows 8 is no supported platform for PCX, as far as I know.

Try installing and running PCX in compatibility mode for one of those Windows versions which are supported by PCX. You can find a list of supported platforms somewhere in the documentation, off the top of my head I don't know this list.

Regards,

Nico

• 2. Re: Is anyone using PowerCenter Express on Windows 8?
          Rakshith Jain P Guru

Hi Nico,

PowerCenter Express 9.6.0 is supported on Windows 8.

For more information you can refer to below PAM (Product Availability Matrix) link:

https://mysupport.informatica.com/docs/DOC-11224

Regards,

Rakshith Jain

Informatica Support

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 3. Re: Is anyone using PowerCenter Express on Windows 8?
            Rakshith Jain P Guru

Hi Doan,

To isolate the issue further, could you please share the information mentioned below:

• Mapping log from <INFA_HOME> \tomcat\bin\disLogs\ms
            • Data Integration service log.

Please let me know if you have any queries. Your response is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rakshith Jain

Informatica Support

• 4. Re: Is anyone using PowerCenter Express on Windows 8?
              Guru

Oops, I'm sorry for the misinformation. Thanks for correcting me, Rakshith!

I better keep my mouth shut in this case now...

Regards,

Nico

• 5. Re: Is anyone using PowerCenter Express on Windows 8?

Hi Rakshith,

Here is the ms log.  Where can I find the DI Service log?

2014-06-26 23:05:52 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: LDTM: Starting mapping compilation.

2014-06-26 23:05:53 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: LDTM: Mapping compilation done.

2014-06-26 23:05:53 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: LDTM: Starting mapping translation.

2014-06-26 23:05:53 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: LDTM: Mapping translation done.

2014-06-26 23:05:53 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: LDTM: Starting mapping simplification.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: LDTM: Mapping simplification complete.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: LDTM: Optimizing mapping...

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: Running expression simplifier.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: Starting early uncorrelated subquery optimization.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: Early uncorrelated subquery optimization is finished.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: Predicate optimization is starting.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: Predicate optimization is finished.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: Predicate minimization is starting.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: Predicate minimization is finished.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: Early projection optimization is starting.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: Early projection optimization is finished.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: The Integration Service is evaluating the mapping for pushdown optimization.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: The Integration Service finished evaluating the mapping for pushdown optimization.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: LDTM: Mapping optimization done.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: Logical DTM is starting post optimization tasks for data source operations.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: Logical DTM completed post optimization tasks for data source operations.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: LDTM: Starting mapping simplification clean up.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: LDTM: Mapping simplification clean up complete.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> WARNING: The Data Integration Service cannot create partitions for the mapping because the license assigned to the Data Integration Service does not include partitioning.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: Partitioning is disabled for the mapping.

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: LDTM: Preparing mapping for execution

2014-06-26 23:05:54 <pool-6-thread-5> INFO: Total LDTM Creation Time: 2,236ms

2014-06-26 23:05:55 <pool-6-thread-4> INFO: [MPSVCCMN_10083] The Mapping Service Module submitted a job to the Integration Service.  Job ID : [VgInxv2wEeOnlf6zrboZVw]

2014-06-26 23:05:55 <pool-6-thread-4> INFO: [DS_10178] The job is running on DataIntegrationService: DIS.

2014-06-26 23:05:57 <DTM-pool-3-thread-1> INFO: DTM-pool-3-thread-1, _0, The Integration Service is dispatching the job to the DTM process [DTMProcess_1].

2014-06-26 23:05:58 <DTMLoggerThread_1> INFO: APP_8444, VAR_27079, Warning: server variable :[$PMExtProcDir], NULL override value not valid. The override value is set to empty string.

2014-06-26 23:05:58 <DTMLoggerThread_1> INFO: APP_8444, DISP_20305, The [Master] DTM with process id [8364] is running on node [node01_localhost].

2014-06-26 23:05:58 <DTMLoggerThread_1> INFO: APP_8444, TM_6964, Date format for the Session is [MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS]

2014-06-26 23:06:07 <DTMLoggerThread_1> SEVERE: DTMLoggerThread_1, _0, com.informatica.dtm.transport.DTFUncheckedException: [DtmDTF_0001] Data Transport Error, Origin :[Pipe :: receiveMessage].

2014-06-26 23:06:07 <DTM-pool-3-thread-1> SEVERE: com.informatica.dtm.transport.DTFUncheckedException: [DtmDTF_0001] Data Transport Error, Origin :[IProxyDTMService :: deinitDTM RPC].

2014-06-26 23:06:07 <DTM-pool-3-thread-1> SEVERE: com.informatica.dtm.transport.DTFUncheckedException: [DtmDTF_0001] Data Transport Error, Origin :[IProxyDTMService :: stopDTM RPC].

2014-06-26 23:06:07 <DTM-pool-3-thread-1> INFO: Total LDTM Execution Time: 11,237ms

• 6. Re: Is anyone using PowerCenter Express on Windows 8?
                  Indrajit Singh Guru

Hi Doan,

We need the logs in file and not inline. You could find the "advance editor" right side top corner of the reply editor window.

Please attach both the mapping log and dis log.

You could find the DIS log inside INFA_HOME\tomcat\temp\DIS_new\logs directory.

Regards,

Indrajit

Informatica Support

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 7. Re: Re: Is anyone using PowerCenter Express on Windows 8?

Thanks for the info on where to fined the long files, Inddrajit.

I re-ran the mapping, which generated the same error.

Here are the log files.

• C:\Informatica\PCExpress\tomcat\bin\disLogs\ms\MAPPING_5zTZoQZTEeS5H4CQXPH2AA_20140707_225655_954.log
                    • C:\Informatica\PCExpress\tomcat\temp\DIS\logs\catalina.2014-07-07.log

There were also other files in  C:\Informatica\PCExpress\tomcat\temp\DIS\logs, which had zero bytes:

• host-manager.2014-07-07.log
                    • localhost.2014-07-07.log
                    • manager.2014-07-07.log

Thanks, Doan

• 8. Re: Is anyone using PowerCenter Express on Windows 8?

Another note... i get same issue when I run the Data Viewer on an csv file data object.  pmdtmsvc2.exe stopped working.

• 9. Re: Is anyone using PowerCenter Express on Windows 8?
                        Indrajit Singh Guru

Hi Doan,

Could you please make sure the Data Integration Service is up and running? I would suggest to recycle the DIS once and run the dataviewer.

Check if there is any error message after you run the dataviewer? Send me the screenshot of the dataviewer along with the error message.

Also let me know if you are observing this issue “pmdtmsvc2.exe stopped working" for a particular mapping or the issue is with all the mapping objects.

Regards,

Indrajit

Informatica Support

• 10. Re: Re: Is anyone using PowerCenter Express on Windows 8?

Hi Indrajit,

I restarted the computer and tried again. 

Same issue for all mappings. I have not been able to get this to run at all.  I have attached screenshots showing the DIS running and the error message.

Thanks,

Doan

• 11. Re: Re: Is anyone using PowerCenter Express on Windows 8?
                            Indrajit Singh Guru

Hi Doan,

It seems you are cancelling the dataviewer while it's running and that's why you are getting the error message as pmdtmsvc2.exe stopped working. We need to check for dataviewer issue first for further troubleshooting. Can you please wait for a little longer and observe if the dataviewer completes running?

Provide the latest preview log and the dis logs from your environment. You could collect the preview log from INFA_HOME\ tomcat\bin\disLogs\ms directory.

Regards,

Indrajit

Informatica Support

• 12. Re: Re: Re: Is anyone using PowerCenter Express on Windows 8?

Hi Indrajit,

I started the data viewer and 15 seconds later I got the pmdtmsvc2.exe stopped working message.

I've left it there for the past hour with no response.  Attached are my logs  It seems the the data viewer is waiting for a response from the DIS, which had died already.

All my issues seem to stem from the pmdtmsvc2.exe stoppiing.

Thanks,

Doan

• 13. Re: Re: Re: Is anyone using PowerCenter Express on Windows 8?
                                Indrajit Singh Guru

Hi Doan,

I have verified the logs and it looks like the dtm process is hanging while executing the dataviewer. I would recommend you to upgrade your PCExpress version to the latest version of PCX which is 9.6.1 available in Informatica Marketplace, and we will continue troubleshooting the issue if it still persists.

**Please note that upgrade may or may not resolve the issue but as per EOL, we recommend you to upgrade so that we can ensure you are on latest version to do in-depth troubleshooting.

Regards,

Indrajit

Informatica Support

• 14. Re: Is anyone using PowerCenter Express on Windows 8?

Hi Indrajit,

I uninstalled PCExpress 9.6 and installed PCExpress 9.6.1.

I still have the same problem.

What is the next step?

Thanks,

Doan

1 2 Previous Next