2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2013 5:49 AM by russcollier

Inline monitor_transport_opts?

I've seen previously that one could configure the context monitor_transport_opts with inline key/value pairs like:

context monitor_transport_opts context|transport_lbtrm_source_port_low=15000\;context|transport_lbtrm_source_port_high=15500

Instead of configuring the monitor_transport_opts with an external file like:

context monitor_transport_opts config=/foo/bar/monitor_config.cfg

Is the inline configuration specification still supported in UMS 5.3.x? If so is the inline configuration format documented anywhere?

• 1. Inline monitor_transport_opts?

Yes, the inline configuration is still supported in UM 5.3.x. There is a link page in the Knowledge Base that lists all of the articles that have been written about monitoring:

https://communities.informatica.com/infakb/whitepapers/2/Pages/142285.aspx

One article in particular contains an in-depth guide to monitoring and troubleshooting:

https://communities.informatica.com/infakb/howto/3/Pages/139912.aspx

I've also cut and pasted the relevant description of the command-line options for monitor_transport_opts:

monitor_transport_opts (context)

LBM_MONITOR_TRANSPORT_OPTS

An option string to be passed to the LBMMON transport module for automatic monitoring. Individual LBM options can be specified as <scope>|<option>=value, where:

<scope> is one of context, source, receiver, wildcard_receiver, or event_queue

<option> is the LBM configuration option name

As well as individually specified options, the config transport option can be used to load a normal UM config file and apply its settings (e.g. transport, topic resolution) to the monitoring topic. For example:

lbmmon --transport-opts="config=LBTRM.cfg"

So to specify the monitor_transport_opts inline you can do something like:

lbmmon --transport-opts="context|resolver_multicast_address=239.2.0.2;topic=stats_topic"

Let me know if you need help for a specific example and we can work out the exact command-line that you need.

• 2. Inline monitor_transport_opts?

Hi David,

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot!