2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2014 12:43 PM by Milagros Nunez

Issue in profiling Teradata table using JDBC connection

Lakshman Dhasarathan New Member

Hi All,

I am using Informatica Developer tool (Versioin 9.5.1 HotFix1) to perform Data profiling on a Teradata table. As we do not have ODBC license to perform this, I am trying to create a Teradata Parallel Transporter connection objection over in Administration Console and use it to bring table and perform data profiling. I am facing issues in connecting to the Teradata database using the Parallel Transporter option.

The JDBC parameters that I am using are valid and I have made sure the JDBC URL is working properly by executing a Java program in Unix platform (where Informatica resides). It executes successfully and connects to the database successfully. But the same is giving the following error,

(while doing Test Connection in Informatica Admin Console)

Unable to connect to the jdbc url 'jdbc:teradata://qxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/DATABASE=oxxxxxn,tmode=ANSI,charset=UTF8'.

Cause: null

NOTE - JDBC has proper JAR files in Unix. Class path is set on Informatica's profile file properly.

Can anyone help me on what could be the issue? If anyone used Informatica Developer tool and configured the Teradata access thru Parallel transporter connection, please let me know if you have encountered this issue and found any resolution.

Thanks in advance,

Lakshman