3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2013 2:45 AM by Nadim Bhatti

Metadata table to check lookup run time

Hi,

Is there a metadata table to check how much time the lookup transformation took to build the cache.

OPB_SWIDGINST_LOG table is giving when the lookup cache is created and when it is deleted.  But i need to know how much time took to build the lookup cache.

Thanks,

Arunachalam. S

• 1. Metadata table to check lookup run time
          Guru

I don't think that there's any metadata available for this particular request.

You could intercept the session log and parse its contents for the relevant message codes, that's probably your best bet here.

Other than that the only way I could imagine is to use the Session Log API by programming your own "session log writer" in C++; the Session Log API enables you to get all messages in "raw" format (including the actual message code), making it a tad easier for you to retrieve only those messages you're interested in (in this case, begin and end of building the lookup cache) than with a "real" session log file. An example of how to use the session log API can be found as part of the Informatica Developer Platform (IDP), to be downloaded from https://community.informatica.com (sorry, I don't recall the exact link) for your particular Informatica system platform. But again, this requires C++ programming.

Regards,

Nico

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Metadata table to check lookup run time

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Arunachalam. S

• 3. Metadata table to check lookup run time
              Nadim Bhatti New Member

If your interested in this type of information, have a look at the Hippo product by Assertive as this shows not only how long a chache to build but size and what was cached on disk or in memory etc.

Good product for very detailed data on workflow/session runs