7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2017 3:48 PM by Marvin Mondejar

Continuous Integration

Hi,

do we have any continuous integration features in Informatica? (version 9.5)?

Or are there any recommendations using external tools for Continuous Integration?

The tools I am aware that could provide Continuous Integration - Team City / Jenkins - but is this the best practice for use with Informatica?

Thanks,

Amrit

• 1. Continuous Integration
          Yogesh Agrawal Guru

Hi Amrit,

If I have got your question right then, I think you are asking if there is any feature in Informatica wherein Informatica Developers can make sure that they are always working with the latest version of the code and not the obsolete code.

If that is the question, then there is a versioning concept available in Informatica, through which multiple developers can make sure that they checked in the modifications to code everytime, so that the latest version is available in the repository.

And this version can be checked out for further changes.

Let me know if I have missed your question.

Regards,

Yogesh

• 2. Continuous Integration
            Rohit Vashisht Guru

Didnt understood your question. Please explain it clearly.

• 3. Continuous Integration
              Naveed Rahman Guru

Amrit,

As  said by Yogesh what I feel is continuous integration is sharing of development space by a bunch of developers.

The versioning concept in Informatica can be useful for this purpose.

But pls explain more clearly as what is your motto/what do u want to achieve with this if I am clear with your question

• 4. Continuous Integration

Hi,

from the 3 responses so far - it appears you do not understand what Continuous Integration is.

Firstly, Continuous Integration is part of Agile development, both of these concepts are common and can be researched online.

There's been a few comments around versioning - which is the first part of Continuous Integration. An introduction link for CI:

See basic principles here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_integration

I understand the Versioning and Repositories in Informatica. Some key features of CI:

- Automating a Build

- Automating a Deployment

- Self Testing / Automating Testing

I'm repeating the questions I asked in the original mail, hopefully this will be more clear now on what I'm looking for:

- do we have any continuous integration features in Informatica? (version 9.5)?

- Or are there any recommendations using external tools for Continuous Integration?

- The tools I am aware that could provide Continuous Integration - Team City / Jenkins - but is this the best practice for use with Informatica?

Thanks,

Amrit

• 5. Continuous Integration
                  Yogesh Agrawal Guru

Thanks Amrit for increasing our knowledge on the concept of Continuous Integration.

So far I know, there is no such feature of continuous integration in Informatica, not sure if other Informatica experts agree to me.

But I would definately keep an eye on what you found out about it and would like to learn more on it.

So please make sure to post your findings on this discussion.

• 6. Continuous Integration
                    bghelani New Member

Yes we at INFA Svcs have developed that feature of:

- Automating the Build (There are various ways to do that either use SDK, or feature that Svcs team has built on the Framework)

- Automating the Testing through DVO.

- Deployment Automation.

Thanks,

Bankim

• 7. Re: Continuous Integration
                      Marvin Mondejar Seasoned Veteran

bghelani is this something available with Informatica Developer?