6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2012 8:36 AM by tomnats

DVO "No Results"

Seasoned Veteran

I have installed DVO a few times with no issues. In our lab, I set up a very simple Oracle schema to hold the DVO repository info. I then connect to it with no issues. I then set up a Linux based 9.1 HF2 repository and add this to DVO with no issues. I create a DVO target folder and use the existing Integration Service.

I have two very simple EMP tables (EMP and EMP_TEST) each with 14 rows in them. They are duplicate tables except I changed one employee name a bit.

I set up a new table pair and generate the standard tests and run it. The session is created and runs successfully. Both SQ's pull in 14 rows and Targets: NAME 0,11,19 & 27 are populated. Everything going well at this point. Now, I look at DVO and it says "No Results" on each test and the over all test.

I see KB# 120354 but the joins are working fine and I see data being sent through the mapping. Any ideas? Maybe upgrade PowerCenter to HF 4? The DVO is the latest 9.1.2.0

Thanks,

Tom

• 1. DVO "No Results"
          Guru

Hi Tom,

Can you try increasing the value of  NO_OF_PMREP_PROCESS parameter in JMFProperties.properties file present in the config directory of Data Validation Option ?

You can set to may be 10, the then give a try.

The default value has been set to 2. The value can be increased depending on the volume of the Metadata that needs to be imported.

Thanks

RV

• 2. DVO "No Results"
            Guru

Tom,

I see one KB article on this abnormal bheaviour, KB#140840 - It says to contact INFA support

https://communities.informatica.com/infakb/faq/4/Pages/140840.aspx?docid=140840&type=external&index=12

Key Hints:

1. Verify the Code page settings and performance settings from DVO.

2. Verify that there is data in the data set you are analyzing. Tables should have records, and filters

and joins should not result in an empty set.

3. Verify that the connection to the Data Validation Option repository specified in the Workflow

Manager points to the Data Validation Option repository.

Though I havent worked on DVO, so just did some R&D on this. I hope this gives you some clue to resolve your issue.

Thanks

RV

• 3. DVO "No Results"
              Seasoned Veteran

That didn't help but thanks for the advice.

If you look at the attached image, the NAME_0 target is actually a count, then join between the two. If both tables don't have the same count, it would be 0 but the join is happening so at least the count test should be coming back with something. This is after upgrading to HF4 on the PowerCenter side.

dvo.JPG

• 4. DVO "No Results"

Hi Tom,

Can you please re-check the PC connection object details defined in the Reposiroty editor are same as the DVO repository database details in the preferences.

I have seen such issue when you point your dvo repository to a particlar database schema and give a different but valid database PC connection details while defining the Repository details in the Repository editor of DVO.

Thanks

Madhuri

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. DVO "No Results"

Hi Tom,

Madhuri is right.Make sure that the connection specified in wfm manager has the same username & password present in preferences.xml

Thanks,

Neha

repository_conection.png

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  • 6. DVO "No Results"
                    Seasoned Veteran

Grr, that was it. I was under the impression that you could have a separate DVO repository vs. the repository that you use to store the DVO mappings in. I should have caught this. When it says "Data Validation Option Repository Connection", I had that pointed to the target repository and not the special one I set up for just DVO.

Thanks so much for help on this.

-Tom

1 of 1 people found this helpful