Could you please provide the below log files from INFA_HOME/tomcat/logs directory.
We will verify the logs and provide the next steps to troubleshoot the issue.
Here are the requested logs.
I also removed the echo off from the start scripts and attached the node file.
I've just tried to start Power Center and noticed that there are no new entries since 28.Apr.2014 in the log files.
28.April.2014 is the day when PC stopped working.
Mihai Ghita !
node.log and catalina.out does not have any information.
We would need to check couple of more logs to debug further.
Could you use Infa9Log to collect the same. You can download the tool from:
The Zip is saying that invalid, please send the valid one..
Thanks & regards
I downloaded the file and extracted it.
I used winrar to extract.
This is the file created by your tool.
Anyway, I extracted and re-zipped using native windows.
I hope it works now.
Any Node details changed, like gateway(machine name) and port details.
Please check for the same?
use infasetup Updategatwaynode <with required arguments> command and try..
Thanks & Regards
I am not familiar with infasetup command.
I was told that there was no change (gateway, machine name and port details).
Anyway, maybe is a good point to reset some attributes.
Could you please suggest a command based on what you see in the logs?
INFA port: 7009
IP: 10.208.18.70 255.255.255.128
dns: 10.207.255.13; 10.207.255.14
dns sufix: bcr.wan
Hi Mihai Ghita,
please try the below command as per your given details, but enter required arguments values, i have given only for last arguments that is -na, and remain you have to give and run the same.
infasetup updateGatewayNode -cs "jdbc:informatica:oracle://<dbhost>:<dbport>;ServiceName=<db service>;LoadBalancing=true" -du <dbuser> -dp <dbpasswd> -dt ORACLE -dn <domain name> -nn <nodename> -na 10.208.18.126:7009
Please help me with this command.
It can't be right with cs "jdbc:informatica:oracle://<dbhost>:<dbport>;ServiceName=<db service>;LoadBalancing=true" -du <dbuser> -dp <dbpasswd> -dt ORACLE
I have Power Center Express, so no oracle database.
And which is 10.208.18.126???
PCX is installed on db06afp (10.208.18.70).
Other option would be to re-install PCX, but I don't know how to do it because if I run setup and choose upgrade it tells me that I have the same version installed and if I choose install it gives me the overwrite warning (and I'm not sure it doesn't overwrite my project).
You would need to uninstall the PCExpress first and then install it again.
Also, you are right we cannot use above connect string PCExpress does not use oracle database but H2 database.
So, you can check the connect string used for domain database in PCEXpress Install log.
It should be something like:
Also, at the beginning of this thread, you had mentioned that you see that java.exe for sometime on starting the service and then it goes away.
To troubleshoot the cause of node crash, could you collect debug diag trace on this java process as you see it.
the steps to use this tool is mentioned in KB:123835
This time start the service using infaservice.bat from <infa_home>/tomcat/bin location.
I tried to perform a fresh install in another folder.
First I encountered an error at the domain creation step.
This is strange, so I think you were right when you said that something has changed in the network configuration.
I added in the hosts file the following entries:
10.208.18.70 db06afp #this is my server
After that, I was able to install PCX, but this time the new created node was "localhost" instead of db06afp (like in my original installation).
I kept the initial installation because I still hope I can fix it (I have a lot of work in there). Even if I have the latest exports of my work, I still would have to recreate the data-source connections (as they are not included in the metadata export file) and they are more than 50.
I think that when I'll manage to fresh install the PCX and the node is created based on hostname and not localhost, them my initial installation would start.
Please note that in PCX you don't choose the node name, so being localhost now instead on db06afp must be a symptom.
Let me tell you how I solved it. It's interesting ...
My current situation:
- I had initially PCExpress 9.5 (during initial installation, the domain created was Domain_DB06AFP)
- After few months I upgraded it to 9.6
- This has been working for another few months and, without any visible reason, crashed and never been able to recover it. This is when I posted this question.
When I tried to install a fresh copy of 9.6 the domain created was Domain_localhost ?!?!?!?!
Please note that in PCExpress you don't choose the domain name, it is automatically created.
In this case I couldn't use the xml export I had because of the domain name. And I didn't want to use it anyway, as I would have to manually recreate the data sources (and I have aprox. 50-60 sources).
What I did:
- Install a fresh copy of 9.5
- Upgrade to 9.6 (in this way, my domain named Domain_DB06AFP was preserved).
- Simply copy the h2 sub-folder (where is the configuration database)
- Deploy the application
Very strange that difference between 9.5 and 9.6 regarding the domain name.
Anyway, thanks for the help.
The crash shouldn't be due to upgrade of PCX or changing Domain or node name. By default the domain name is "Domain_localhost" once you install the product regardless of which version it is.
Please attach the installation log files from the Installation directory.
**You could change the hostname by running Infasetup UpdateGatewaNode command. Please refer Power Center Express Command reference guide for more details.