1) that is correct. There are two mapping Types and elastic maps are the ones that run on the cluster
2) correct. Currently there is no conversion from a normal mapping to an elastic map. Road map items
3) yes linux only And the secure agent must be installed on a ec2/van in aws or azure. Gcp supported later this year
4) connectivity Pam for all supported data sources and targets: PAM for Informatica Connectivity v34.3
5) varies based on the use case but here are the most common. Large data loads, items CDI does not support, hierarchal data processing, complex file types ( Json, parquet, Avro), want to include python. you want a true serverless solution with auto scale capability.
happy to talk more about this if you are interested.
Thank you for the reply. I am going to set up elastic integration for dev, if I have some questions, I will take your help