Please Find the Docs:
Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) Spring 2018: Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) Spring 2018
Informatica Cloud Data Integration Documentation for Spring 2018 April Release: Informatica Cloud Data Integration Documentation
IICS Developer guide: file: IICS REST API Reference
I do not see anything here that details what was changed over the weekend. This looks to be old documentation for past changes. Something changed yesterday.
OK, I can see the calendar entry fine. Here are my issues with it.
1. It mentions the update taking place on 9/15. When i logged in yesterday at 5:30 AM EST the change I detailed above had not taken place. My co-worker signed in later in the day and it had made the change later in the day, so it apparently was not made on 9/15. It was made on 9/17 at some point.
2. There is absolutely no detail as to what the patch is fixing, updating, improving or enhancing. I understand that there may be extremely minor changes that no one can see, but the one of changing the UI on the monitoring section is a whole lot less minor and i am wondering if there are other changes. and why there has been no documentation of these changes that I can find. i can't find even mentions of "minor bug fixes" or anything like that. Am i just missing it. Does Informatica not provide this documentation to clients on these changes? It seems real odd to me.
Also, I noticed another change. Using the filter view of completed jobs used to be a pain in that you had to input the exact text of what job you were searching for. Now it will accept stuff that is close. Instead of having to type in something like 'Transaction_Data_Feed', I can now type in 'Transaction' and it will now show from the filter anything that has 'Transaction' in it. Again, this is a good thing and again Informatica is listening as that is another change I had requested.
These are good changes, so I do not want to squash this, but I just would like to know what is being changed.
Thanks for asking. As you pointed out, we made some enhancements as part of Sept patch. The key improvements are in Data Integration: Monitoring area. Below are details:
- Auto-refresh for Running jobs - (for Live Monitor Use Case)
- 'Updates available' message notification in "All Jobs" for on-demand refresh - (for Job analysis Use Case).
- Filtering – support for enumerated values (task type, run state etc.)
- Search (via Filter) – support for partial / full string match. This simplifies search by asset name, error message or other column values of string type.
- Result aggregation at parent task level when there are sub tasks (ex: DSS, linear Task flow)
- More columns - error rows, success rows. User can find all available columns for Monitor by right clicking the table header and add columns of interest while viewing job results.
items #2 - #6 above are also applicable for "My Jobs" in CDI in addition to "All Jobs" in Monitor.
Help documentation for above mentioned enhancements here:
If you have any questions/comments, do let me know.
Hope this helps,