1) Will that not participate in match and merge?
--Records with consolidation_ind as 9 and records with exculde_from_match set as 1.
--Records with consolidatcator 4 will try to find a match with every record(other than the ones mentioned above) to find a potential match.
2) Does consolidation indicator of already existing records will be changed to 4 or 3? If they do not participate, wont there be a possibility that BVT that you have in BO is not perfect?
3) If it participates in match and merge, does informatica automatically takes care of it? Or there any settings that controls it? Any manual intervention needed?
4) If the same record that was considered BVT and survived in BO and that record later changed in the source. And later on, What if existing BVT is updated (row update) during a load process? Does indicator automatically changes to 4? Wont there be a BVT recalculation?
Regarding the values of the consolidation_ind values, refer to this link : https://kb.informatica.com/solution/16/Pages/90754.aspx
On an update the conolidation_ind will not change back to 4. This is a known bug. More details can be found here : https://kb.informatica.com/faq/7/Pages/15/373462.aspx
5) If existing BVT is updated, then during the update will the process consider trust factor into account? Or is just an update based on primary key column?
The update to the XREF will be based on the primary key column and the source system. The update on the BO will be based on the BVT calculation, which considers trust factors.