this is what our documentation tells you in this area. Anything of help? For me it is working fine so I guess second step would be to check with support...
The configuration of merge profile for characteristic values is different to other merge profile configurations.
- Merge mode can be configured only on the entity "Characteristic value"
- Only Ignore and Replace merge modes are supported. Default value is Ignore
- The merge mode configured for "Characteristic value" entity will be inherited for all characteristic value and language-specific characteristic value fields
- The amount of merged data can be restricted selecting one or more root characteristics in the RootCharacteristic field
- All logical keys and the "Language-specific data" sub entity are not selectable but are only displayed. Because of this you can see all data to merge in the comparison view.
There is an initializer implemented which checks for correctly configured merge settings in repository. If any check made by initializer fails, then an error will be thrown and the server will not be started.Following checks will be done during initialization of characteristic component for each entity based on ArticleType:
- Both or none sub-entities for ArticleCharacteristicValueType and ArticleCharacteristicValueLangType exist/are active
- Both or none sub-entities for ArticleCharacteristicValueType and ArticleCharacteristicValueLangType are mergeable
- If "Mergeable" is true for characteristic value entities, all fields must be mergeable too, except entity id field
If a merge is executed by the Service API, invalid merge modes will be changed to "Ignore" and a hint will be logged.
Handling of values for inactive characteristics
Characteristic values for characteristics, which are inactive at the time of merging will not be merged, will not be cloned and will not be versioned.