where exactly u r getting this error? r u getting on informatica server?
I am getting this error while using the salesforce data loader App. I want to upload accounts to the object using the flat files and I am not able to browse on my local machine.
You can populate the Flat file directory path in the connection's path text box by copying and pasting from Windows Explorer. The test connection will work fine.
To be able to browse to the Windows File System you need to start the Secure Agent service as a Admin user and not as Local Admin. We recommend you follow these steps so that you are able to perform Browse File System from UI and to be able to perform flat file lookups.
- Go to serivces console (Start>Run>Services.msc)
- Locate "Informatica Cloud Secure Agent"
- Right click and go to Properties.
- Select "Log On" tab, 'Local Admin' is populated by default. Select "This Account"
- Populate the username and password as a user who is in Windows Administrator User Group on the particular machine.
- Click "Ok" and then restart the service either using on the services console or using the Informatica Cloud Secure Agent Manager (Start>All Programs>Informatica Cloud Secure Agent)
Try the steps to browse and the agent should have permissions to browser the File System. This affects Windows after Windows Vista. Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 do not have this issue.
Your reply really helped me get resolve it.
I have another question, is there a way to use lookup to map Account Name to IDs for the Opportunity object. I thought the informatica tool would be able to handle multiple type of operations just like the informatica 9 version. But looks like this one is restricted to just basic data loading capabilities.
The free Data Loader for Salesforce is a scaled-down edition of Informatica Cloud. Field Lookups are only available in the paid editions. You can learn more about the different editions of Informatica Cloud here:
If you want to try out the Field Lookups feature, you can take a free 30-day trial of the full Informatica Cloud here:
If you already have a free Data Loader account, you'll need to register with a different username and install a new Secure Agent.
Hope this helps,
Informatica Interview Questions
For Informatica expereince person
Overall informatica interview questions
Informatica Admin interview questions
For 3 year exp person