I am assuming you meant "PowerCenter 8.5x".
Do the following
1) Login to the admin console & navigate to the int. service
2) Advance Properties --> IgnoreResourceRequirement should be set to No
3) Define a custom resource in the node property level
4) In the workflow --> Edit the session & choose the resource that you have defined.
5) Save the workflow, recycle the int. service & now the session will always run only on this node in the int. service.
I did the recomendation below - it works when run via GUI. But when run via pmcmd, it is still round robin.
does this work using pmcmd?
BTW - we use 8.1.1 SP4
To my knowledge independent of whether it is GUI or pmcmd, it should work the same way. If not, then i would suggest you to log a support ticket & see if they can further diagnose the problem.