- On UNIX, whenever an application crash due to abnormal termination(SIGSEGV/SIGILL/SIGABRT/SIGBUS/..), it would leave a coredump that contains the state of the application at the time of issue.
To analyze the cause of the issue in our labs, the coredump has to be collected along with dependent libraries associated with the crashed application. This tool helps in collecting the dependent libraries associated with the coredump generated from an Informatica process.
- The script takes the path to the executable and core file and creates a zipped bundle containing the core file executable and all of the required libraries to open the core file on another machine.
Usage / Example
./libscollector.sh <path to executable> <path to core>
The output file name will vary based on the platform as follows:
- Linux & MAC coreName_libs_all.tar.gz
- AIX snapcore_xxxxx.pax.Z
- HP-UX & Solaris coreName_libs_all.tar.Z
- If file is created by the Integration Service process, the following would be the sample command:
./libscollector.sh $INFA_HOME/server/bin/pmserver $INFA_HOME/server/bin/<corefile_name>
- If file is created by the session process, the following would be the sample command:
./libscollector.sh $INFA_HOME/server/bin/pmdtm $INFA_HOME/server/bin/<corefile_name>
- If the core file is created during IDQ mapping execution and if the job is run by pmdtmsvc2 process, the following would be the sample command:
./libscollector.sh $INFA_HOME/services/shared/bin/pmdtmsvc2 $INFA_HOME/tomcat/bin/<corefile_name>
- If the core file is created due to (Java based) service crash, such as DIS or MRS service crash, the following would be the sample command:
./libscollector.sh $INFA_HOME/java/jre/bin/java $INFA_HOME/tomcat/bin/<corefile_name>
If core name is core.12345, then, the output will be core.12345_libs_all.tar.gz or core.12345_libs_all.tar.Z
On AIX, a file named snapcore_xxxxx.pax.Z is created.
On all the other platforms, it will create a file named coreName_libs_all.tar.gz or coreName_libs_all.tar.Z
Files (Runnable & Source Code)
- Location of tool on Informatica Server: INFA_HOME/tools/debugtools/infaCoreFileDepPackager/licscollector.sh
- gdb on Linux
- dbx on AIX and Solaris