Informatica Cloud Application Integration (formerly ICRT) provides rich set of connectivity good enough to cover the huge spectrum of source systems available today. REST/SOAP based connectivity is gaining prominence since it is easy to use and available to all at arms length.
Informatica Cloud Application Integration also provides a way to define custom connectors (read. connectors on the fly) that are REST/SOAP based, can be created automatically through WSDL/Swagger or manually, if there is none and behave almost the same way native connectors work. These connectors are called "Service Connectors" in context of Informatica Cloud Application Integration.
Below articles gives an idea on how one can create service connectors:
- Auto-Create a Service connector with all Operations from a WSDL file
- Setting up Coupa REST API service connector
- Setting up Marketo SaaS REST API service connector
- Setting up Google geocode REST API service connector
- Setting up KIPU REST API service connector
- Setting up ICS REST API service connector
- Setting up ICS Scheduler REST API service connector
- Create a service connector to invoke a specific method from a SOAP 1.2 Web Service
- Configure a Service Connector to call a Patch verb Service endpoint
Below articles are useful from the context of usage of service connectors:
- How to use SOAP based service connector in Informatica Cloud Application Integration
- How to pass JSON input array to service connector
- How to deal with special characters if used in request send to service connector
- How to hide password in SOAP envelope in custom binding for a service connector
- How to convert an XML string into an XML node in a service connector
- How to convert an attachment into byte array in a service connector
- How to retrieve multiple address as part of the response in Interactive Service call in Address Doctor Connector
- How to prefix the namespaces in the service connector before passing it to the third party service
- How to download an attachment from a service and write to a file using service connector
- How to configure service connector to return list of process objects. Also see Iterate through list of elements
Some frequently asked questions / errors are listed below for reference:
- Encountered HTTP 403 while testing a service connector. What to do?
- Encountered HTTP 502 while testing a service connector. What to do?
- Is NTLM authentication supported with service connectors?
- Error encountered while testing SOAP based service connector on an agent
- Error encountered while publishing service connector
- "WSDL file or location URL is required." when importing the WSDL to generate a Service Connector
- "org.activebpel.rt.AeException: java.io.IOException: Stream closed" when testing the service connector
- What are the differences between calling process via Subprocess vs Service connector
- "Error evaluating function xmlStringToElement - org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog" while using parseXML function in service connector
- Questions related to ICS REST connector and Cloud Application Integration REST connector
- "java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort" while trying to publish the Workday Connector
- The Service endpoint response with response header as application/hal+json results in attachment type response
- "The partner endpoint reference does not have a valid <wsa:address> defined with the REST partner URI"
- "Unexpected token "[" in path expression" in service connector
- "Error delivering request targeted for URI: <SomeURI>" in service connector
There is more material available regarding messaging on Cloud Application Integration community. Please refer as per your requirements.