Every task fails with the error "[DTM_10004] The DTM process terminated unexpectedly". There are many reasons for this error.
One of the reasons for this error is that the Secure agent is installed on a
Windows Machine and the Windows performance counters are digits rather than
To check the performance counter:
- Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Performance.
- In the Performance window opened click Counter Logs.
- Open one of the counter logs (Ex:System_Overview)
- Click Add counter then we should see some strings like "Processor",
"System" etc in drop down boxes.
- If it appears as numbers (such as 1500, 1511 etc.) and not strings then this
machine is causing this error.
- Stop the Informatica Secure agent service.
- From the command prompt
- Go to the directory containing the PerfStringBackup.ini file. By default this
file is in C:\Windows\system32.
- Run the following command:
lodctr /R PerfStringBackup.ini
- Restart the Informatica Secure agent service.
The solution is to click on "Refresh Fields" button in Step 5 of the Data Synchronization task and this will make sure that the changes reflect on ICS and then you would just have to run the task again. The error should not occur again.