This Best Practice discusses object migration from one Informatica Cloud Service (ICS) organization or environment to another. In most common cloud integration architecture there are multiple ICS environments that distinctively separate development from production. Part of any system development life cycle (SDLC) there are iterations of code releases from development or many times called sandbox to production. As a platform ICS ensures a smooth migration process between environments for deployment of integration task, and thus protecting the integrity of each separate environment without much manual rework.
Necessity of Sandbox environment
- Provide complete separation of code for testing and development.
- Gives exact duplicate of production environment so you have a backup.
- Full end to end testing of integration use case before going live in Production.
- Able to apply separate security policy for production and non-production data.
- Complete separation of performance workload on systems.
- Decrease the risk of making mistakes with production integration task with minimal impact to business operations in production.
Before you migrate an object, ensure you meet the following requirements:
- You must have at least two organizations registered with Informatica Cloud.
- The target organization must have the Migration license.
- You have a user account for both organizations.
- Your user account in the target organization must have the Admin role.
- You have at least one Secure Agent in the target organization.
Migrating an Object
You can migrate objects from a source organization to a target organization. A source organization is the organization that contains the object that you want to migrate. The target organization is the organization where you want to migrate the object. You can migrate the following types of objects:
- Task flows
- Custom sources
See Chapter 2 in the documentation for detail on rules and guidelines
Demo Video on Migrating Object
Steps to Migrate Object
1. Log in to the Informatica Cloud account of the target organization.
2. Click Administration > Migrate Objects
3. On the Migrate Objects page, click Start Migration.
4. In the Source Organization area, click Log In
5. In the Informatica Cloud Login dialog box, enter the user name and password for the Informatica Cloudsource organization and click OK.
6. In the Objects to Migrate area, click Add Objects
7. In the Add Objects dialog box, select the type of object you want to migrate.
All objects of that type display in the Available Objects list.
8. Add the objects that you want to migrate to the Selected Objects list.
You can select multiple objects by using the Shift or Ctrl keys. Click Remove to remove any objects from the Selected Objects list.
9. To migrate additional objects, repeat steps 7 - 8 for each object type that you want to migrate.
10. When you finish selecting objects for migration, click OK
The Objects to Migrate area displays the selected objects, dependent objects, and related messages. You can use the Delete icon to remove an object from the list.
11. To migrate the listed objects, click OK. When a confirmation message displays, click OK again. A summary of the migration displays when the migration completes.
The following video shows you how to migrate tasks from your ICS Sandbox org to a Production org.