Informatica PIM 7.1 Hotfix 5 fixes several limitations of the product as well as provides new extension abilities for projects.
Please contact the Informatica Support if you plan to install that Hotfix. Furthermore this Hotfix provides several add-on features which are listed below.
Deletion of structure assignments for Items/Products/Variants (PIM Desktop)
The deletion of structure assignments was redesigned to improve the performance and usability. Now the corresponding menu entry shows no sub-menues for each structure.
Instead, a "Structure selection dialog" appears where the user can select one or more structures to delete the corresponding structure assignments of the selected items.
The new behavior is especially useful in cases, when there are large amount of structures and the user has selected a large amount of items before using the menu entry.
New DQ rule "Check_Equal"
The new DQ rule "Check_Equal" checks if the two fields assigned to its input ports have the same value.
Differentiation between Standard and Custom Rule Configurations
Predefined data quality configuration sets from the GDSN accelerator and own custom rules are now clearly separated. The reasons for this are:
- Transparent rule management. No confusions what are standard and what are custom rule configurations
- No manual merge of standard and custom rules any longer when updated versions of the standard configuration set are delivered
There are some steps needed to migrate existing rule configurations if the standard rule configuration set has been used prior to 7.1.05. Please refer to the Knowledge Base section 'Migration of DQ Rule Configurations to 7.1.05' in the '1WorldSync IM Accelerator installation' chapter to learn how to do this.
The PIM Desktop Client now separates clearly between standard and custom rule configurations.
- Standard configurations are always sorted to the top of the configurations list.
- Standard configurations are read only, which is indicated by the lock symbol at each of such configuration elements.
- All actions for selected standard configuration elements are now disabled, except for
- Create category. New categories are always created as custom ones.
- Copy configuration to be able to create new custom configurations based on standard ones.
- If a standard configuration element is selected the detail area on the right side is disabled as well.
Multiselection in the Data quality configuration view
The user can now select multiple entries in the Data quality configuration view. Continuous regions can be selected using SHIFT + click.
Disconnected entries can be added to the selection via Control + click. The available actions in the toolbar and the context menu depend on the type and number of entries that are selected.
- "Delete" is only available if all selected entries are in the custom area (see below)
- Rename is only available if a single element has been selected and it is in the custom area.
For the multi selection behavior of the new menu entries see below.
Cut, Copy & Paste for Data Quality Rule Configurations
The Data quality configuration view now offers the possibility to cut, copy and paste rule configurations.
The Copy action is only available if the selection solely consists of rule configuration elements and all of them have the same data type (determined by their respective group).
The Cut action is only available if the selection solely consists of rule configuration elements, all of them have the same data type and all reside in the custom area.
After invoking Cut the affected rule configurations are marked visually using italics for the name until the Paste is invoked or the content of the cut/copy buffer is replaced by invoking Cut or Copy.
Note: the user can only Paste once after a Cut operation while the Paste can be repeated many times after a Copy.
The Paste action is only available if
- rule configurations have been cut or copied before
- the selected element in the tree is a rule configuration group
- the selected group is a custom group (writable), also see section about configuration separation
- the selected group has the same data type as the original group that has been copied
Cloning Data Quality Rule Configurations
The Data quality configuration view now offers the possibility to clone a rule configuration. Simply select one or more custom rule configurations and select "Clone" from the context menu. Each rule configuration will be cloned within its current parent group. The clone operation is not available if the selection contains standard rule configurations or group or category elements.
Hiding Data Quality Rule Configurations
The Data quality configuration view may contain a lot of rule configurations that are currently not used in the system and clutter the UI in all the places where a rule has to be selected, e.g.;
- definition of the rule configurations for a channel
- definition of scheduled DQ checks
- selection of rule configurations for DQ executions
- selection of quality status fields for specific rules in a table
To reduce the clutter it is now possible to hide rule configurations. When hidden a rule configuration remains visible in the configuration view but is hidden in all the other views and dialogs visible to end users.
A hidden rule configuration is visually marked by displaying the rule name in gray instead of black in the tree and via a checkmark in the detail view.
Hiding is available for both standard and custom rule configurations. Hiding can either be performed via the context menu or the checkmark in the detail view. The later only works for custom rule configurations as the detail view is read-only for standard rule configurations.
Note: Hiding a rule configuration will also remove any existing channel assignments from it!
GDSN Accelerator – 1WorldSync Item Management
Publication status: possibility to see the history of publication status entries (PIM Desktop)
The "Publication status" view was enhanced with the possibility to also display deleted status entries. To see the deleted entries just use the new button in the view toolbar "Show also deleted entries" (see screenshot).
|To determine which entries are deleted it is recommended to add the field "Deleted on" into the view. Once the field is displayed the user can sort or group by this field to differentiate deleted and "alive" entries.|
The field "Deleted on" doesn't exist by default in standard repository but it can be added to the customer repository easily:
Automatic calculation of the "Volume" (PIM Desktop and PIM Web)
The value of the "Volume" field will be calculated automatically based on the values of the fields "Height", "Width" and "Depth". The "Volume" field can not be edited in the user interface. For the calculation all three required values should be set, otherwise the "Volume" has no value.
HINT: the calculation of the "Volume" doesn't care about the consistency of the units of the underlying fields ("Height", "Width" and "Depth"). To ensure that all measurement fields have the same unit - the corresponding data quality rule has to be used.
New Data Quality Rule and Rule Configurations
The new DQ rule "Check_EqualWith3Values" is now available in the accelerator package. It checks if the three fields assigned to its input ports all have the same value.
Also the following standard GDSN rule configurations are introduced:
- Check 'Height UOM', 'Width UOM' and 'Depth UOM' are equal (TM: US, imperial)
- Check 'Gross weight UOM' and 'Net weight UOM' are equal (TM: US, imperial)
You can download the HotFixes from here.