Today, Informatica introduces the latest evolution of its product information management application: Informatica MDM – Product 360 (Version 8.0).
It leverages the full power and capabilities of the Intelligent Data platform. MDM - Product 360 provides a unified user experience, built-in data quality engine, built-in Business Process Management, search and metadata, all inherited from the MDM architecture it’s built on.
This allows Informatica customers to start smart and grow fast, making it easy to adapt to both market changes and the competitive landscape. Product 360 is one of Informatica’s master data-fueled apps, together with Total Supplier Relationship (TSR, aka Supplier 360) more to come; it allows our customers to leverage the full power of Multidomain MDM with ready to use out of the box apps.
Why did we change the name from Informatica PIM to Informatica MDM – Product 360?
As one of our billion dollar market opportunities, Informatica’s strategy is to strengthen the leading position of our pure Multidomain MDM solution for consolidating all master data domains and leveraging the potential of relationship insights across this data. Informatica wants to provide the best flexibility to our customers to adapt to future needs. To optimize our potential in this market, Informatica offers trusted master data fueled applications for dedicated use cases, industries and roles. One important use case is the collaboration for new product introduction across all channels. Product information management is a mature and important discipline within Master Data Management.
In consequence of this, we decided to embrace the changing market trends, worked closely with leading industry analysts and decided to rename our application to better reflect the market direction and call out our own differentiation. So the product formerly known as Informatica PIM is now named “Informatica MDM – Product 360”. It offers our customers the flexibility to start small and grow fast, if the use case and requirements are expanding.
6 key innovations at a glance:
- User Ready: with a revamped user interface, user specific dashboards for a holistic 360 view on the product data per user. Role- and task-based user interfaces for money efficiency on product content, all driven by the Intelligent Data Platform. All areas of the solution, the Web UI the Desktop UI and the integrated Media Management have been revised for improved usability and enhanced functionality.
- Omnichannel Ready: Customer can create kits & bundles and feed new additional commerce like Oracle ATG & Google Shopping
- Enterprise Ready: The Multi Server scalability allows running Product 360 on several servers to ensure high performance with parallel processes, users and largest data volumes. LDAP support ensures a centralized user authentication and authorization. LINUX based application servers are now supported.
- Regulation Ready: A certified accelerator for 1WorldSync Item Management is provided as an add-on to Product 360 v8.0 and let synchronize product data with GS1 GDSN standards.
- Decision Ready: Product 360 offers an accelerator for the integration of DaaS sources from Indix, Clavis, to enable price intelligence by monitor competitors & channel pricing. Customers can start content benchmarking: monitor competitors product range and content quality.
- Supplier 360: Take your product catalog to the next level and add seamless supplier & catalog onboarding to mitigate supplier disruption and ensure quicker time to market.