Multidomain MDM 10.3 delivers new functionality and enhancements to meet the evolving master data management needs of enterprises and to make it easier for the business user to manage, curate and consume master data. Some of the innovations in this release are:
- Configurable, secure and feature-rich user interfaces for managing master data
Multidomain MDM 10.3 marries much of the depth of capability of Data Director’s Subject Area UI framework with the flexibility and configurability of Data Director’s Entity360 UI framework. Enhancements to the Entity360 UI framework include:
- The ability to configure different views of entities shown in the Match Comparison and Cross Reference screens – this helps data stewards to focus on the most important fields for the work they need to complete. Those screens now also support overrides and edits directly.
- The ability to translate labels for fields on Entity360 screens into eight other languages, including double-byte character languages.
- The ability to define default values for picklists by role and entity type; and to also define data filters by role and entity type, which are then automatically applied to results of searches and queries.
- The ability to use rules from Multidomain MDM’s Security Access Manager to limit what a user can do or see in Entity 360 pages.
- Improved search and query experiences for finding master data records
A new Query screen, and the power of the SearchMatch API for business entities, make it easy to create, save and reuse shared queries for common data searches. Also, enhancements to the full-text keyword search capability make it faster than ever before to perform searches and to index records for searching.
- Improved coexistence of the Customer 360 application with other MDM domains that are not managed under Customer 360
The user experience (for instance, look-and-feel) of Customer 360 has been extended to the entire Multidomain MDM Data Director UI so that there is a seamless transition between the Customer 360 application and the Data Director screens for other domains. This update makes it easy to manage customer domain using Customer 360 in the same environment as data for other domains, as well as the relationships between those domains and customer records in Customer 360.
- New capabilities to support compliance use cases
The ability to attach documents to workflow tasks and to business entities, to support use cases where compliance requirements mandate that data changes and approvals of change requests require documentary evidence to be retained.
- More configuration options for workflow tasks
Multidomain MDM 10.3 introduces some new configuration options for tasks, allowing you to configure which types of tasks on which business entities require comments and/or documents. There are also new display settings available for configuring task inbox widgets as well as the Task Manager.