This is a feature and bugfix release that supports all versions of PowerCenter from 8.5, 8.6.x onward, up to and including 9.01, 9.1, 9.1H1 (with the exception of 9.0).
Highlights of this release:
- Folders - You can organize single tables and table pairs by placing them in folders
- Error reporting - If a test fails to run, Data Validation Option displays the test run error on the Tests tab.
- Single Tables tab - The details area contains separate tabs for table pairs and single tables.
- DVOCmd.exe contains new commands that allow you to create users and refresh repositories.
- Reports for tests in a folder - You can run reports for all tests in a folder. Reports display the folder name, error messages, join expressions, and conditions, if applicable.
- When you refresh a repository, you can refresh the entire repository, the connection objects, the folders, or the sources and targets.
- Expressions in join conditions - When you join two tables in a table pair, you can enter a PowerCenter expression as a field in the join condition. Enter an expression to join tables with key fields that are not identical.
- Pushing sorting logic to the database - To increase the performance of table pair and single table tests, you can push the sorting logic for joins to the source database. Pushing sorting logic to the database causes the database to sort records before it loads them to PowerCenter which minimizes disk input and output.
- Large table processing - When you include a large table in a table pair, you can optimize the way Data Validation Option joins table data. You can specify which table Data Validation Option uses for the master or detail table. You can also use sorted output for the join.
- Filter conditions - You can apply a filter condition to table pair and single table tests. If you apply a filter condition to a table pair test, Data Validation Option applies the filter condition after it joins the tables in the table pair.