What are we announcing?
Who would benefit from this release?
This release is for all Informatica Data Quality, Data Engineering and Data Catalog customers and prospects who want to take advantage of the updated Hadoop distribution support as well as fixes to core platform, connectivity, and other functionality. You can apply this Service Pack after you install or upgrade to Informatica 10.4.0. If you are already on 10.4.0, you can directly install 10.4.0.1.
What’s in this release?
Data Engineering PAM
- HDI 3.6 WASB support
Data Engineering Streaming
- General availability of Databricks Delta Lake targets in streaming mappings
- General availability of Snowflake targets in streaming mappings
- General availability of dynamic mapping support with Confluent Kafka sources in streaming mappings
- Latest Apache Kafka 2.4, Confluent Kafka 5.4 & other PAM support
- Performance enhancements
- Complex Files (DEI): When you read from or write data to complex files, the FileName port now includes data from the absolute path including the file name.
- PowerExchange for Microsoft Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2: Reads data from the FileName port that contains the endpoint name and source file path.
Enterprise Data Catalog
- Qlik Sense: New resource to extract metadata from applications, stories, and sheets. You can also view lineage derived from the data source.
- Apache Kafka: New resource to extract metadata from topics in an Apache Kafka cluster. Enterprise Data Catalog integrates with Informatica Intelligent Structure Discovery to discover the message format or leverage the Confluent Kafka Registry.
- MongoDB: New resource to extract metadata from collections. Enterprise Data Catalog integrates with Informatica Intelligent Structure Discovery to discover the record format. The resource supports metadata extraction only.
- In the Compact View for lineage enhancements, added transformation logic and expand and collapse functionality for all resources.
- Microstrategy 11.x
- PowerCenter 10.2HF2
- QlikSense 3.2
- Apache Kafka 2.3.0 and Confluent Kafka 5.3.1
- MongoDB 2.6, 3.4, 3.6, 4.0 and 4.2
Enterprise Data Preparation
- Support for HDI 3.6 with WASB
Release Notes & Product Availability Matrix (PAM)
Informatica 10.4.0.1 Release Notes: https://docs.informatica.com/data-engineering/shared-content-for-data-engineering/10-4-0/release-notes--10-4-0-1-/abstract.html
PowerExchange Adapters for Informatica Release Notes: https://docs.informatica.com/data-integration/powerexchange-adapters-for-informatica/10-4-0/powerexchange-adapters-for-informatica-release-notes-10401/abstract.html
PAM for Informatica 10.4.0.1: https://network.informatica.com/docs/DOC-18443#comment-59638
You can download the Service Packs from here.